It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: AUTO: Schumacher wins Malaysian GP

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
World champion Michael Schumacher continued his ruthless domination of Formula One as he claimed his second win of the season and the 72nd of his career in Sunday's Malaysian Grand Prix.Ferrari's Schumacher, who won the season-opening Australian Grand Prix two weeks ago, made the perfect start and was never seriously troubled as he led home Williams driver Juan Pablo Montoya.

Jenson Button was greeted with cheers from the crazy Malaysian Grand Prix crowd as he rose onto a Formula One podium for the first time in his career on Sunday.BAR driver Button, who had finished fourth on five occasions, finally stood on the podium after an impressive drive to finish ahead of Barrichello.He was almost drowned in champagne by Juan Pablo Montoya and race winner Michael Schumacher.

Schumacher scored the victory and it was his 72nd in Formula One and while it was not the cakewalk of Melbourne a fortnight ago,that he won in conditions not typically suitable for Ferrari and their Bridgestone tyres was an impressive feat.The six times world champion dealt impeccably with the early rain, fended off Montoya when the Colombian challenged and then closed out victory by five seconds.Montoya made a flying start and benefited from a mistake by Ferrari's Rubens Barrichello to claim the runners-up spot, while Button was left in ecstasy after finishing in third.Renault's Jarno Trulli won a battle with David Coulthard, of McLaren, for fifth place while Fernando Alonso, who started from the back of the grid, scored points in seventh with Sauber's Felipe Massa eighth.Mark Webber, who had started second on the grid, endured a nightmare race and spun out while championship hopefuls Kimi Raikkonen and Ralf Schumacher retired because of mechanical problems.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Does anybody but Schumacher win? I did get see most of this race. I am starting to like F1 more and more. Just need to do something about Schumacher.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
is there any estimate of ferrari's f1 budget for this year?

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Nyeff he has been dominant for ages now,sometimes it get's boring but we only hope for his retirement lol!

Toejam i will see what i can find out.

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ok this is about it

Ron Dennis's McLaren has invested as much as $400 million in a state-of-the-art technology center and has a 2004 budget of about $314 million, $22 million less than Fiat SpA-owned Ferrari.

So i guess Ferrari's budget for 2004 is $292 million.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
those are outrageous numbers!!!!! little wonder there is such little competition, best driver in the best car and a budget like that is hard to beat

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Yeah Tj i din't realise it was as much as that,i was like whoah...I think this year they have a fund of $100 million to share out between the lower teams like $10 million each or something,not much i guess when the others are plowing in that much money.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
sad to say but the 10 million probably wouldn't pay ferrari's tire bill, since senna was killed schumacher has ruled f1, i would have a hard time ranking him with the all time greats, even with his awesome numbers due to the lack of competition

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yep same here,Barrachello (sp) does a good job for Ferrari aswell and would have won more and would most proberly have won the world title if he had been the number one driver..

Put Montoya in a Ferrari and he would be winning it all....

Sir

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I used to watch it alot,now i get bored with it especially last season as Schumacher won alot of the races easily,the cars are not as competitive and there is not so much overtaking,teams are relying more on tactics.

I would say Montoya is the most exciting driver he will take risk's and do anything to win,just like the drivers did a few years back.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
F1 is getting worse with Shumacher always winning,they need to get all the cars on a even keel,it's already losing supporters and it will get worse.

top topics

join