It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: PFL:BASKETBALL: J J Reddick Sportznewz Basketball Profile

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
J J Reddick is a All-America and All-ACC candidate, he is one of the best pure shooters in the nation and a deadly weapon from outside the three-point line or from the free throw line. He is an explosive offensive player who can get on a roll quickly, Reddick show's the skills at both ends of the court that make him an oustanding player, not just an outside scoring threat.

Class: Sophomore
Hometown: Roanoke, Va.
High School: Cave Spring High School
Height / Weight: 6-4 / 195
Position: G
Birthdate: 06/24/1984
Experience: 1L

In the 2002/2003 season he was All-ACC third team and All-ACC Freshman Team honoree and was named a second team Freshman All-America selection by Basketball Times. A USBWA All-District III honoree he started 30 of 33 games and averaged 15.0 points, 2.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists and 1.3 steals per game, his 15.0 scoring average was the fourth-highest by a Duke freshman behind only Johnny Dawkins (18.1), Gene Banks (17.1) and Mike Gminski (15.3). This is just to name a few of his achievements, the list goes on and on.

ESPN

Scouting Report:

A streaky shooter, but still one of the purest in the country. Has terrific elevation, discipline and poise in his form. Releases the ball at the top of his elevation. Much of the reason for his hot and cold tendencies lies in his shot-selection, not mechanics. Possesses range that borders on unreal, and he occasionally gets caught up in that ability. Will take 3-pointers from well beyond the stripe. Uses his outside shooting ability to create mid-range shots for himself, throwing pump fakes to open up pull-up jumpers. Has solid finishing ability when he gets deep in the lane, but is not an outstanding athlete. Defense needs improvement.

Stat Stuffer:

Connected on 61 consecutive free throws at one point in his junior season. Set a Duke freshman record with career-high 34 points against Virginia. Scored 30 points, including 23 in the final 10:05, in the ACC Tournament championship game against N.C. State. As a sophomore, scored 20 points or more in 10 regular season games, including 28 against NC State, 26 against Maryland, 25 vs. Virginia and 24 vs. Florida State and Georgia Tech.

Fun Fact:

"J.J." is actually Redick's nickname, he was born Jonathan Clay Redick. The background of his father, Ken, who was a stoneware potter, led to J.J.'s middle name of "Clay." Ken played basketball two seasons at Ohio Wesleyan and J.J.'s older twin sisters, Alyssa and Catie, both played college basketball at Campbell....

Comments: Some will say JJ Reddick is a great shooter, and that is all. He is not a basketball player. He cannot take it to the hole, he cannot defend, he cannot rebound. He watches his teammates play basketball and once in a while, he shoots.......

[Edited on 22/12/04 by TRD]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
J.J. Redick is the hottest college basketball player the ACC has! He is awesomely great at shooting and defending and he can to drive to the hole!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by uncfan2
J.J. Redick is the hottest college basketball player the ACC has! He is awesomely great at shooting and defending and he can to drive to the hole!

You're a UNC fan??

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
J.J. Redick is the best basketball player in the ACC. If I were younger he would be my future husband as all my pals know! I was sorry for his game tonight , but his game saturday was I feel one of his best efforts. Wish my Badgers were still in it maybe next year!

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately for Blue Devil fans, Michgan State has just ended JJ and Duke's season. But, congratulations to them for getting further than anyone gave them credit at the beginning of the season.

TRD

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
How did Reddick do in the game?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Not too hot. The Junior guard form Roanake had 13 points last night. Better luck next season.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The big question is, will JJ make it to the NBA? Can anyone tell me that and why?

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I TOTALLY agree that JJ Reddick is the HOTTEST basketball player out there! im not at an ACC school, but you can bet that whenever they are playing i am watching their game and not the OU one!
Hes an AMAZING player.. .and probably the most DANGEROUS shooter in the country! I cant wait for next season already! The only player that comes CLOSE to his good looks in the Big 12 is Brad Buckman from Texas!

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genrou
The big question is, will JJ make it to the NBA? Can anyone tell me that and why?

I would think so, because he does seem to have a sweet shot, if other areas of hi sgame might be lacking. But, scoring is something that is needed in the NBA. In some cases, drastically...

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think that J J Reddick is allright but overall he is the only thing that Duke Has. besides they can only win with luck half court shots.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuterUncBaller
I think that J J Reddick is allright but overall he is the only thing that Duke Has. besides they can only win with luck half court shots.

Now, I'm not a real huge Dukie fan, but they have been winning by an average of 19.9 points to take thier record to 12-0. Eliminate the patsy teams from the equation (not in AP or coaches top 25), and they have won all 3 by an average of 14 points.

So why do you say that they can only win with lucky half-court shots?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
JJ is the best basketball player there is and everyone knows it. if u don't then u are jealous

new topics

top topics

join