It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Jeff Garcia pleads guilty

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Jeff Garcia was sentenced Monday to seven days in a work-release program after pleading guilty to drunken driving.The former San Francisco 49ers quarterback also will be fined $1,491 and have to attend and educational program for six months. He only will be allowed to drive to and from work.

Steve Manchester, the attorney for former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, entered a plea of guilty for driving under the influence with a special enhancement because his blood alcohol level was so high.Garcia did not appear in court.Garcia was arrested on Jan. 14 in downtown San Jose by a San Jose State University police officer. After being pulled over, he allegedly admitted to the officer that he was feeling the affects of alcohol.According to police reports, Garcia's blood alcohol level registered .219 after a blood test. The legal limit in California is .08.Garcia, 33, was traveling with 18-year-old Meredith Freeman, who sat in the front passenger seat of the Lincoln Navigator he was driving.Two other passengers, Eddie Albert Garza, 34, and Virginia Vilotti, 20, were in the rear passenger seat of the Lincoln, the report said.

A judge sentenced Garcia to three years of probation and eight days of community service with credit for the day he was in jail. He can only use his driver's license on a restricted basis for 180 days.Garcia recently signed a new contract to play with the Cleveland Browns.

[Edited on 15/3/04 by TRD]

Ben

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
this is stilla light sentence, normally people would be thrown in jail

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Jail for first offense...I don't think so....or maybe this was not the first time. Anyone know otherwise?

Ben

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
o sorry i was thinking ti was more than one but it looks like it isnt. Sorry my mistake.

But still you think the judge went lightly on him>?

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
No...it was a good call.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I know I had to spend a weekend in jail and I live in CA. I was nowhere near his drunkened state. I think he should go to AA... maybe he was just depressed at his horrid season?

Ben

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
lol could be

But it states he can only drive to and from practice and his clinic, how does he get food and such

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think it's called delivery!

Ben

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
how long is it for?

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
180 days

Ben

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
thats not to bad, is that the normal sentence?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What's normal anymore?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
there isnt a normal anymore and thats sad

new topics

top topics

join