It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Harry Redknapp signs new deal

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp on Monday revealed he has signed an extension to his contract and then claimed keeping the south coast club in the Barclaycard Premiership would match anything he has achieved in his career.

Redknapp, who guided the club to the Premiership in his first full season, has signed a 12-month extension.Redknapp succeeded Graham Rix as Pompey boss in March 2002 and guided them to the First Division title in 2003. The club are facing a battle against relegation, but Redknapp said he is happy to carry on no matter what division they are in next season.Redknapp's decision to put pen to paper looks like pragmatism after defeat at Everton dropped Pompey into the bottom three.After having their team-bus windows smashed on the way home, Redknapp's side now face another trip to Merseyside for Wednesday's clash with Liverpool at Anfield and have elected to fly north via Bournemouth airport.Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric, who persuaded Redknapp to switch from the role of director of football to team manager following the departure of Graham Rix two years ago, said: "It is a tricky, pressurised time for the club and I wanted to show my encouragement and support.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Redknapp has done well at Pompey,but they said that at West Ham,i think he can only take a club so far with his wheeling and dealing then he runs out of idea's.

He has assembled a reasonable side,like he did at West Ham of other teams misfits,i think it will not be enough and they will go down to Division 1 at the end of the season.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Redknapp has done well at Pompey,but they said that at West Ham,i think he can only take a club so far with his wheeling and dealing then he runs out of idea's.

He has assembled a reasonable side,like he did at West Ham of other teams misfits,i think it will not be enough and they will go down to Division 1 at the end of the season.

Sadly i agree with you
we are playing #ing # now

Sir

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well i think it is a good move to keep him there,he must get on real well with the players as he has worked with a few of them before.Harry has done reall well with Pompey and deserves his new contract.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Redknapp is a good manager,i said before he has that knack of finding good players on the cheap.If they stay up they will do ok next season.

new topics

top topics

join