It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Marco Antonio Barrera Injured

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Marco Antonio Barrera has been forced to withdraw from his proposed bout with Ivan Alvarez.The "Baby Faced Assasin" suffered a severe hand sprain while training for the March 19 bout.

After consulting Dr. Horacio Ramirez Mercado, the Chief Physician of the Mexico City Boxing Commission, 'Team Barrera' were told that swelling on the hand would not go down sufficiently in time for the fight and so the Mexican was forced to reluctantly withdraw.Barrera said of the decision: "This is very disappointing for me and for all my fans. "I was having a great training camp, and I was ready to show the world that no one is going to stand in my way as I return to the top of the featherweight division."

[Edited on 16/3/04 by TRD]

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
well thats a shame.

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
well thats a shame.

LOL! yes it is a shame it seems like he doesn't want to fight at the moment,anyone think he can make it back to the top?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
LOL! yes it is a shame it seems like he doesn't want to fight at the moment,anyone think he can make it back to the top?

Hell after the a$$wuppin Manny gave him a few months backs I wouldn't want to come back either.

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That's what i was thinking,so why bother doing the training and setting up the fights lol!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
That's what i was thinking,so why bother doing the training and setting up the fights lol!

well he's still a marquee name and he probably figured he could make a couple more millions before he finally retires.

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yeah i guess so,there seems so many of them now trying to do it..Holyfield,Tyson,Foreman its getting farcical lol!!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yeah i guess so,there seems so many of them now trying to do it..Holyfield,Tyson,Foreman its getting farcical lol!!

Now you know Foreman and Holyfield dont need the money. Much less Foreman. He's made Millions with the whole grill thing.

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Yeah but you see how many kids he has got and the money he gives to church lol!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yeah but you see how many kids he has got and the money he gives to church lol!

True. But I read somewhere the Foreman has made hundreds of Millions in endorsements alone. So the guy is loaded.

top topics

join