It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something to ponder about other life forms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i just thought about this... whats your spin?

as we look in the sky we "see the past". light takes time to reach us. how interesting would it be to take a glimpse into our past by means of other life forms watching us from distant planets. if an advanced society millions of years older than planet earth had the technology to watch/record earth since its conception they might be able to give us insight to where man came from. what dinosaurs looked like. etc...

i mean if we point a telescope towards a distant planet, we wont be seeing whats going on NOW on their planet but millions of years before. hence we could be seeing another planets past and vice versa. we could solve so many mysteries about how the pyramids were built, the jantar mantas, and stonehenge!

oh noes!

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I think if we actually did discover an intelligent civilization that has been monitoring us, how the pyramids were built would suddenly become very unimportant.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
That would be very good for our civilization. Once we found out about our past, we than can take something from it, and create something better, because it doesn't seem like we could build pyramids as fast as they were built.

This is where SETI creates the possibility of communicating with those distant forces beyond our galaxy, or planet.

join