It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Tyson teaching kids to box

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Associated Press - March 12, 2004
NEW YORK (AP) - Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson has begun teaching boxing to youngsters as part of his community service sentence last month.

The 37-year-old boxer pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct stemming from a fight in a hotel lobby in New York last June. A judge ordered him to attend six months of counseling sessions and perform 100 hours of community service, instructing kids on the science of boxing.

Tyson spent two hours at Gleason's Gym on Thursday, including a 45-minute workout with some of the young boxers. He offered exercise tips and lessons on footwork and blocking.

Tyson's last fight was a 49-second knockout of Clifford Etienne in Memphis, Tennessee, on Feb. 22, 2003.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's about time he started doing some good,the amount of times he has got into trouble he needs to boost his profile again and this is a good way.

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I agree he should start doing something,but was he made to do it because of the community service?

Or did he choose himself that is what he wanted to do?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
I agree he should start doing something,but was he made to do it because of the community service?

Or did he choose himself that is what he wanted to do?

I think he chose to do that for his comunity service. I think its a great idea. Might do him some good to spend some time kids instead of the usual a$$holes he hangs out with.

TRD

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah and they might show him how to nick the other kids sweets..

Yeah it is a good idea and it's good to see him doing something worthwhile for a change.

top topics

join