It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Palmer named #1 QB

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
One year after he was the draft's top pick, Carson Palmer won a starting job. The Bengals promoted Palmer ahead of quarterback Jon Kitna on Monday, placing their future in the hands of a Heisman Trophy winner who has yet to take a snap in the NFL. Kitna won the Comeback Player of the Year award for leading the Bengals into playoff contention last season, but Palmer has the stronger arm and the much bigger contract.

"I was extremely happy, but I've got a lot of work to do and a lot of preparation to get ready," Palmer said by cell phone Monday, as he drove to a charity golf tournament in San Diego. "It's definitely what I wanted, and I've just got to get ready to win some games now."

"It puts the pressure on the rest of our football team," Lewis said. "That's why right now is the time to do this. I want everybody to understand the responsibility that comes to them. Now we've got to shift some of the responsibility on them. Jon did a lot for us, and Carson's going to have to grow into that role."

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Bout time, Palmer just needed to be grommed into the great QB that he is going to be, look out for a more dangerous bengals team next season.

join