It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Keyshawn to go to Dallas?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Dallas Cowboys are talking about an exchange of talented wide receivers Keyshawn Johnson and Joey Galloway.The players would have to agree to restructure their $6-million per year contracts. No NFL trades can be finalized until March 3.

The Times said that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones contacted Allen last week about the trade at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Johnson was deactivated for the final six games of last season by coach Jon Gruden after the two fueded. He has four seasons left on his eight-year, $56-million contract.Among the highlights of the spat, Gruden called Johnson a "distraction" in the locker room and Johnson referred to the Bucs coach as "a used car salesman."

Ben

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
why woudl the cowboys want to trade Galloway?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh man that trade better not happen.

Ben

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
you dont want jonhson in dallas?

TRD

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Thing is Johnson played three seasons in New York under Parcells, who traded the receiver to the Bucs for a pair of first-rounds picks in the 2000 draft. He has maintained a close relationship with the coach, and Dallas is one of five teams he has said he wouldn't mind playing for next season.

On the other hand Galloway has been a disappointment in four seasons with the Cowboys, He only had 34 catches for 672 yards and two touchdowns last season.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I like to think that I'm one of the biggest Dallas Cowboy fans out there and I'm actually pretty relieved Keyshawn might be coming to big D. As much as I think Galloway is one of the most under-rated WR in the NFL, TRD does have a point. He hasn't really been as productful as he should be. Galloway was pretty darn good with the Seahawks, but even though he looks better wearing a cowboys jersey both teams were probably better off without the trade. Virtually the Cowboys gave up 2 first round draft picks for this guy. Antonio Bryant has been more productful than Galloway has been, Average wise of course. TRD makes another well known point, Keyshawn and Parcells have a fond relashionship with each other and Keyshawn wants to play for him again. It would be magic.

new topics

top topics

join