It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Brunell goes to Washington.

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Talks that began during Super Bowl week wrapped up late Thursday, when agent Leigh Steinberg and Redskins owner Dan Snyder agreed to a seven-year, $43 million contract with an $8.6 million signing bonus for the longtime Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback.

The deal becomes official once the offseason trading period begins March 3. The Redskins will give the Jaguars a third-round draft pick for Brunell, according to a source familiar with the negotiations who spoke on condition of anonymity.

"Mark and Joe Gibbs have been talking every day, sometimes multiple times," Steinberg said. "Mark's comfort level and excitement level with Coach Gibbs has grown every day. He became convinced throughout the process that the ability to play for a Hall of Fame-caliber coach that had been to four Super Bowls was unique and too good to pass up."

[Edited on 2/20/2004 by Ben]

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is not too surprising...check the backgrounds of these two fine men. They are solid in their personal beliefs, behavior and leadership and will be a great asset to DC. What a great move!

Ben

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It is a very good move, how much is this going to helps the skins.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Is it safe to assume that this deal pushes Patrick Ramsey to the bench?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
only time will tell, but they need all the help they can get..........right?

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gramps
only time will tell, but they need all the help they can get..........right?

Wrong!

Well i hope your wrong.

Have they signed him yet?

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well i see Mark Brunell has agreed a £43million seven-year deal to sign for Washington.The long-time Jacksonville quarterback will get an $8.6million signing bonus as a sweetener to move to the Redskins.The Redskins will give the Jaguars a third-round draft pick for Brunell

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
£43million

How much is that?

So I'm still wondering if they brought in Brunell to start or to backup and mentor Patrick Ramsey.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by ProudAmerican]

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by TRD
£43million

How much is that?

£43million pounds UK sterling !!!!

Touching $75million for ya yanks lol!

Edit it keeps putting that A thing before the pound sign ??? it doesnt show up before i post...

[Edited on 23/2/04 by TRD]

top topics

join