It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Wild, Wolves principals ready to buy Vikings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Back in April of 2002, Red McCombs put the Vikings on the selling market for a paltry $600 million. Reports are surfacing that the Wild and Timberwolves ownership are joining forces in an attempt to buy the Vikings if a new stadium is not built for the football team. McCombs currently denies any talks, but he has been known for his shyness about things like this before. Nothing is final, new reports as they come in.

Associated Press ESPN.com
ST. PAUL -- The men behind the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Minnesota Wild are looking at joining forces in an attempt to buy the Minnesota Vikings if the team fails to win state approval for a new stadium this year, the Pioneer Press reported Thursday.

Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor told the newspaper on Wednesday that he and Wild chief executive Jac Sperling probably will unite in efforts to buy the NFL club and put together a successful stadium plan next year if the Vikings fail to obtain stadium financing this legislative session.

Vikings owner Red McCombs, in a statement issued Thursday, denied involvement.

Comments:
This would be amazing. This would mean the Vikings would stay in the Twin Cities for a long long time. I know hockey is not going anywhere, and the TWolves are gaining fans as they get better.

Maybe the Vikes would even get better. Now we just need to have Taylor and Neagle buy the Twinkies as well and I will do the happy dance.

Ben

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Could help some of the hockey teams gain money in the long run. Owning two clubs. I can the see the money now.

new topics

join