It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking truth about the Declaration of Indapandance, and the US Constitution.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I have both copies on a cd, but its interective. So I cant copy and paste...hopefully I can find an online version of both.

But the word "democrocy" is niether in the Declaration if Indapendance, nor the US Constitution.

I aslo remember someone say that a general said after the next terror attack on american soil, marshal law will replace democrocy....

You think theres any link with those 2 documents and the NWO??

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by ProjectX]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
the united states is and always has been a representative republic. some people dont want you to know this for some reason.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
You mispelled independance

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
the united states is and always has been a representative republic. some people dont want you to know this for some reason.

It's actually a democratic republic, since the people vote for the elected officials. Only the presidential election depicts the government as being a representative republic, since it's the electoral collage who chooses (not really individuals, but you know what I mean) the prez.

As for the topic of the post, that's interetsing. I'm going to have to look into it...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn
You mispelled independance

.. and the rest

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
ProjectX,

It was General Franks.

And for your sign : If we want peace, we must prepare for war. - I have no clue who said that.

It's an old latin saying " Si vis pacem para bellum ". It has been said by a Caesar. Not sure if it was the old Julius or another one.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Have any of you ever read "Lies my teacher told me" Lots of interesting facts we were never knew or were taught. Read it if you get a chance.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes, there was also an Army manual published in the 1920's to warn soldiers about democracy. I remeber reading it somewhere, but I found this link.

Kind of interesting........

w3f.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hmm. Good info. It really makes you think. I have mixed emotions on the subject.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by scepticalwatcher
Hmm. Good info. It really makes you think. I have mixed emotions on the subject.

Which subject are you refering to, the fact that we're a republic, or the fact that the article is saying that's better then being a democracy?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Neither, its s reply to the post about the army field manual, just before my post. Check out the link.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I did check out the link, but thought it looked a little too colorful to be an army field manual. It was also really basic in it's descriptions. Most of that I had already learned when Civilization 1 came out and I developed the technology...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Im sorry, you lost me at civilization 1. Are you talking about the game?

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
hehe, yeah. When you would get the new technology, it would give a description of what it was. Research republic, it tells you what republic. Research democracy, it tells you what a democracy was. My young mind noticed the similarities between our govt and a republic over a democracy.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ah, I see. I've wanted to play that game for a while. Everyone is talking about it. I'm still dealing with Baldurs Gate, and my favorite, Fallout 2. Civilization is obviosly more informative, though.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

the united states is and always has been a representative republic

Yep...it's also in the pledge (and to the Republic for which it stands....)

A while back, someone had posted the definitions of types of governments used in the military handbooks.... it was quite good...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectX

But the word "democrocy" is niether in the Declaration if Indapendance, nor the US Constitution.

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by ProjectX]

Democrocy... yeah you're right it isn't. maybe a different spelling of it though.

Thing is, at the time Democracy didn't exist, so of course it wasn't written, it was a totally new concept, and the word "democracy" came later.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
Thing is, at the time Democracy didn't exist, so of course it wasn't written, it was a totally new concept, and the word "democracy" came later.

Ooo, that's not true. Athens had a true democracy for the most part. If you were male it was a true democracy. There have been a couple others, but they never last, because as soon as your nation grows, the voting starts to become impossible. You have to have everyone vote on everything, and the government pretty much shuts down. That's also why we live in a republic and not a democracy. Logistically, it just wouldn't be possible, especially when the constitution was written.

But it is a government by the people, for the people, of the people...

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A Republic, is how the country was supposed to be.

Want a real shocker? Got to Political Sandal forum, and look at the thread Labelled Fed Paper #45. It was written by James Madison, the own regarded as the father of the constitution. If anyone knows how the constitution was to be understood, and how the government was to operate, it would be Brother James, wouldn't you think?
Read and see how the federal government was to be elected. See a difference between that and how it is now?

There is no secret about why we are no longer a Republic, and haven't been since the Civil Police Action, when our legislative form of government died because of Sine Die. Abraham Lincoln, a good and honest leader, had total intention of restoring our government, but he was overruled via gunshot to the head by those who knew that certain groups had more power without the government being restored to its proper, constitutional status.

I am impressed that someone realized that something was not right. Excellent. Maybe there's hope. I still doubt it as there are too many zombies and knee-jerkers than there are thinkers.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Right. The United States was supposed to be a democratic Republic. For whom? White males. Wait, sorry...white christian males.

The US has only been "free" for the last 40 years. So in a sense, we are one of the least democratic first world countries of the 20th century. Am I right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join