It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: ARod a Yankee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
new york is a unique city, and the yankees are a historic and storied franchise, as much as they are known for their success, the red sox are known for their futility, since they traded babe ruth to the yankees they have been the underdog, and everyone loves an underdog....if they had signed arod i think you would have heard some of the same talk of baseball being out of control, but at the same time many people would have loved to see them FINALLY get one over on the yanks

Ben

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Looks like the curse is alive and kicking then isnt it.

The Red Sox's let A-Rod slip away from them over just a very few money amount all they needed to do was give up 2 million more dollars and thats it, they would have had a-rod. BUt they didnt want to do that. The Yankees on the other hand did the smart chocie move him to 3rd (altough 2nd would have been better) and keep one of your star in Jeter. BUt the Red-Sox's would have given away Nomar a true Red Sox.

Yankees are seemlying born to win but they are hte big time favorites this season. Maybe some other teams with take the chance and give up some big bucks. The Owners are making enough money.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
As a lifelong Yankee fan I feel I must post on this one. Everyone, and I mean everyone, hates the Yankees when the man with all the $$$ buys and sells players. But, it all gets cool again and the season is here and the stadium fills up just as predicted. So..........let's play ball!!
Here in Florida, near Tampa where the Yankees train and the $$$ man lives, you cannot get a ticket to a game this sprint,
but then it's like that every year.

Ben

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gramps
As a lifelong Yankee fan I feel I must post on this one. Everyone, and I mean everyone, hates the Yankees when the man with all the $$$ buys and sells players.

Its all about the money, with the yankees payroll they still can afford to buy better players just becuase of their income. They are also willing to deal out that muhc money to buy a better team. They dont want a winning team in 10 years they want it now!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ah everbody who isnt happy about this deal should put a sock in it. Anybody would want this player they are just upset the YANKEES got him. If another team wanted him they should have stepped up to the plate.

Ben

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Any team should know that there is a slim chance of getting him and his salary, that is a big salary what team would want to carry that load?

Ben

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Now that this is all said and done which player should be at SS and which player should be moveD?

TRD

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben

Originally posted by gramps
As a lifelong Yankee fan I feel I must post on this one. Everyone, and I mean everyone, hates the Yankees when the man with all the $$$ buys and sells players.

Its all about the money, with the yankees payroll they still can afford to buy better players just becuase of their income. They are also willing to deal out that muhc money to buy a better team. They dont want a winning team in 10 years they want it now!!!!

That is not what it is all about,its about building a winning side over years,It's about the satisfaction of building the side from scratch and watching them develope.Training the youngsters and help them fulfil there dreams.It's about long term success,consistantcy.

It has been proven time and time again in sport money doesn't buy you success and titles/championships a prime example is UK soccer..Blackburn Rovers spend millions and won the title for 1 year,then they flopped afterwards and now they are a nothing team.Leeds United spend millions and won the title,over the last couple of years they have spend a further 110million and are deep in debt and looking like they are going to drop out of the top division,Chelsea have spent well over 100million so far this season about 70million more than any other team and they are not going to win the title.

So money doesnt buy success,maybe for 1 year,but who wants to spend obscene amounts of money for a 1 year success,thats if the Yankees even win it.

I don't hate the Yankees,being from the UK i don't have the same feelings about your teams,i like watching them all,but i favour Oakland A's as you know.

Ben

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
But whats the point of waiting years when you can buy a team. I get what you are saying but like you are going to get the same feeling if you build a team from scarth or you buy a team.

TRD

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
But whats the point of waiting years when you can buy a team. I get what you are saying but like you are going to get the same feeling if you build a team from scarth or you buy a team.

Thats the point aswell BUY a instant team,take a look at the Yankees side,did they win it last year after spending alot of money? NO! Money doesnt make you the champions.This year if they don't win they will be in plain and real terms a team of failures just like last year.

You have players going to the Yankees just for the MONEY! where's the team spirit,where's the workman like attitude that wins.They don't care as long as they get their paycheck each week.A bunch of stars doesn't make a TEAM.

It just doesn't work,rome wasn't built in a day.

The idea of a team is to build it,watch it grow,push it in the right direction this cannot be done overnight,in the long run you would reap the benefits for years to come.

Another example is again a UK soccer side Manchester Utd it took years for the mananger/coach Alex Ferguson to build his side,watch the youth team players blossom into some of the best players in the world,adding a top star along the way.Then they were dominant winning the league title 6 times,The Champions League and the FA Cup twice in 8 years.Now that is long term success!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join