It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: Lewis To Help Promote Vitali Klitschko-Sanders Fight For Belt He Vacated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
www.boxinginsider.com...
USA TODAY - February 12, 2004

Little time is being wasted trying to fill the ample shoes of now-retired heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis. Top contenders Vitali Klitschko and Corrie Sanders began talks this week to meet April 24 (HBO) for the title Lewis vacated. Although Lewis won't be in the ring, he'll be involved in the fight.

Lewis, whose retirement denied Klitschko a rematch of their June brawl, will help promote the match in his capacity as a director with the Britain-based Sport Entertainment & Media Group. Lewis took the position upon retiring, and the company promotes Sanders, who is Lewis' friend.

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by Ocelot]

Ben

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How is he going to help promote this fight?

TRD

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Looks like Lewis had this lined up for awhile,he should make a nice sum of money from it..

Klitschko will be the next heavyweight champion of the world!

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Klitschko will be the next heavyweight champion of the world!

not if Sanders has anything to say about it!

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well i think he will win,sanders is not too bad but i think Klitschko will knock him out!

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Well i think he will win,sanders is not too bad but i think Klitschko will knock him out!

Just remember guys Sanders already knocked out one klitschko brother. He could do the same to Vitali. Although Vitali will win most likely. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yes it shall be a good fight none the less,i just think its Klitschko's time to make it big on the Heavyweight scene.

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Looks like he is fancing himself as a promoter as Former undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis is backing Audley Harrison's bid to follow in his footsteps.The recently retired Lewis has previously hailed Harrison as "the future" of British heavyweight boxing.

And now he is putting his money where his mouth is by co-promoting the Olympic gold medallist's next bout against Richel Hersisia at Wembley Arena on March 20.
Hersisia, billed as 'The Dutch Sonny Liston', is unbeaten like Harrison and currently holds the lightly regarded WBF title.

top topics

join