It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: An old QB is Back, in front office

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Former Super Bowl MVP Doug Williams quit his job as Grambling State's Football Coach to work in the Buccaneer's Front Office.

The team held a new conference Feb.12 to introduce the former Bucs and Redskins QB as a personnel executive. Williams will work in the scouting department under director of pro personnel Mark Dominik. "We believe that some of the greatest assets of the league have been underutilized," general manager Bruce Allen said in a telephone interview, explaining the decision to pursue williams, who led the Redskins to the 1988 Super Bowl Title. "Doubg has been successful at every level of football he has been involved in, and we think he'll help us become a better team all around," Allen Said.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Good news for Bucs fans, including me!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
From what I have seen and heard of DW he is a very qualified guy for this kind of job. He should excel and its good news that another black former player gets a chance to move into the front office of a organization, even if it is the Bucs office.

Now when is my boy LeRoy Butler going to get some recognition for SOMETHING?

Ben

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Is he going to end up like Dan Mariono and quit after a couple of weeks?

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I think I heard somewhere that Dan Marino is also going to be going to the front office this next couple seasons.

Opps, I didn't know he quit.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by joshter]

Ben

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
yea he quit a while ago, anybody know how he is doing?

new topics

top topics

join