It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BOXING: George Foreman to return

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Former heavyweight champion George Foreman, whose last fight was seven years ago, said he is in training for a one-fight comeback.Foreman told Houston television station KRIV on Monday that he began training on Jan. 10, his 55th birthday.

Foreman has not fought since losing to Shannon Briggs in 1997. He said he knows people will make fun of him, but said he is used to it.Foreman’s career record is 76-5 with 68 knockouts.

Ben

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
who would he possibly fight? He is going ot get hurt if he fights a young gun.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
hate to see this, i hope that no state will license him to fight, at his age (and mine) could get hurt real bad

Ben

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
why does he even want to come back and fight?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Man. Some people dont know when to call it quits. But hey if he wants to fight....then what the hell.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
His grills must not be paying the bills.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
His grills are the best. Why in the world would he come back? when is he set too?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
His grills suck..lol

He said he wanted to be a world champ in different era's like when he was 20,30 ect,i suppose he see's it as a opportunity to win something now that Lewis is gone.

TRD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speedfreak
His grills suck..lol

He said he wanted to be a world champ in different era's like when he was 20,30 ect,i suppose he see's it as a opportunity to win something now that Lewis is gone.

I think he is only talking about having one fight only,i suppose if you are going to do that you might aswell have a shot at a title.

It will be interesting to see who he wants to fight,thats if he does again.

Sir

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I don't know what to say,he is too old to fight,i hope he doesn't fight anyone to good or else he might get hurt.

Ben

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
he is talking about a title?

TRD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
he is talking about a title?

I don't know,but what would be the point comming back and fighting a bum,no money in it for starters and people would scream fix if he won.

If he wants a big payday he has to fight for a title if it is a one off fight..Foreman said himself he is only going to have one fight.

TRD

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
George Foreman's projected comeback has gathered momentum following reports that he has teamed back up with promoter Don King.

King promoted Foreman's famous 'Rumble in the Jungle' with Muhammad Ali 30 years ago - and is keen to stage a final fight involving the 54-year-old as part of the anniversary celebrations.

Ben

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
its getting stronger and stronger looks like this might actually happen now.

new topics

top topics

join