It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Hoddle to return to Southampton

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
In a sensationational twist of fate Glen Hoddle could be in for a return to Southampton to take over from Gordon Strachan according to newspaper reports.The former England coach left the Saints for Spurs three years ago but is now apparently poised to be named as the club's manager for a second time.

But Strachan, who is reported to be considering an exit before the end of the season, is giving no clues as to the man who will replace him.Hoddle is definatly not the fans choice and they have already voiced there opinion about the ex Spurs manager.Hoddle could in place as early as this friday.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There has been lots of noise about this,the club are asking everyone to pull together and basically back Hoddle.

I think it will be a bad move Hoddle as a manager is not that good,i just don't think he has what it takes.Strachan has done a great job at Southampton and it would be a shame for Hoddle to go there and ruin it all.

TRD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Southampton supporters have warned Rupert Lowe that the re-appointment of Glenn Hoddle will spark a backlash which will hit season-ticket sales and leave the chairman fighting for his own job.Everyone seems to be in opposition of Hoddle returning as manager,his first stint in charge of the Saints began when he took over from Dave Jones in January 2000 and was in charge for 14 months and 52 matches, recording 22 wins, 18 draws and a dozen defeats.

Sir

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It would be a disgrace if they take him back,the way he walked out on them and went to spurs.

I don't rate Hoddle at all as a manager he failed at the highest levels with England and Spurs so why does he think second time around he will do a better job at Southampton.

Oh yeah James Beattie who is most proberly their best player,Hoddle when he was there first time as manager told him he was crap and didn't have a future at Southampton.

So it shows what Hoddle knows...Jack All!!!

top topics

join