It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Jeff Hacket retires and the Flyers Acquire All-Star Goalie Sean Burke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Looks like its official afterall. After information sneaked out of the Philly locker room, and the subsequent denial that a deal had been done. The Flyers trade Mike Comerie to the Coyotes for netminder Sean Burke. Jeff Hackett retired Monday due to his fight with vertigo and Esche is still out with an injured knee. The Flyers did not want to have to put rookie goalie Antero Niittymaki into the net for an extended period of time.

Trade News Source Associated Press
GLENDALE, Ariz. - The Philadelphia Flyers (news) acquired three-time All-Star goalie Sean Burke and two forwards from the Phoenix Coyotes (news) on Monday for promising young center Mike Comrie.

The deal, concluded at the NHL general managers meeting in Henderson, Nev., capped a busy day for Flyers general manager Bobby Clarke, who earlier traded defenseman Eric Weinrich to St. Louis for a fifth-round pick in the 2004 draft.

In addition to Burke, the Flyers acquired right wing Branko Radivojevic and the rights to left wing Ben Eager, an unsigned minor leaguer selected 23rd overall in the 2002 draft.

Hackett retirement News Source Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia goaltender Jeff Hackett retired Monday because of vertigo, which sidelined him for nearly a month.

Comments:
Well, now that its official... What do you all think? I am not sure trading Comrie was the best of choices. I thought he was a good fit in Philly.

I did not expect Hackett to have to retire because of his vertigo. That is a horrible way to have to end your career. I hope he makes a full recovery and is able to enjoy the rest of his normal life.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i didnt think Hackett injury was that serious.

Burke will play a great role in philli

Ben

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
When will he be ready to start as goalie?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hackett was a BUST!!!!

Ben

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
how did he play thouhg in phili? How was his record and such?

top topics

join