It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Antowain Smith released by the Patriots

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Just a week after helping the New England Patriots win the Super Bowl, Antowain Smith has been shown the door.
The Patriots have declined the contract option on Smith, making the running back a free agent.

In Super Bowl XXXVIII, Smith played a vital role as he carried 26 times for 83 yards and a touchdown, leading the Patriots to a 32-29 victory over the Carolina Panthers.In his career, Smith has rushed for 5,713 yards and 47 touchdowns in 102 games.

Ben

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What!? Are you serious this just aint right.

TRD

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
YEP!

Ok so his numbers have declined since he rushed for a career-high 1,157 yards in his first season with the Patriots in 2001,but i can't believe it myself.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This does not surprise me. The Pats are going to need to cut corners to keep their DBacks on the team. They are going to be cash crunched. I figure a few more players will go, but they will try to keep the big names.

Ben

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
yea i saw on ESPN news that he was supposed to get 2.5 millino if the pats picked up his option that is a lot of money if you ask me.

Would they re-sign him at a lower cost?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
OH COME ON!!

OH WELL, I ALWAYS LIKED KEVIN FAULK BETTER. FOR SOME REASON I DIDN'T HEAR THE NEWS ON SMITH

new topics

top topics

join