It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Rice kicked off Pro Bowl roster, KGB added

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Even tough the Pro Bowl is supposed to be an exhibition game, discipline is still high on NFC Coach Andy Reid's mind. Pro Bowler Simeon Rice was dropped by Reid after Rice arrived late to Hawaii and missed several meetings and practices. Replacing him will be Packers defensive end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila, aka KGB. Gbaja-Biamila is making his first Pro Bowl appearance in 4 NFL seasons and is the first Packer defensive lineman to play in the game since Reggie White in 1998.

News Source Associated Press
Rice, a second-team All-Pro, arrived late in Hawaii and missed meetings and practices in the week leading up to Sunday's game. Players have been known to arrive late for Pro Bowl week or miss practices in the past, but Rice was dropped by NFC coach Andy Reid.
Rice and San Francisco receiver Terrell Owens were fined for missing a practice during the week leading up to last season's Pro Bowl. Both were allowed to play in the game.

I say "Good for Reid." I like the fact that the coach is laying down the rules. Even though the game is supposed to be for the fans and for fun, serious injury can still happen. And if everybody is not on the same page, that is exactly what will happen.

I just wish more coaches would practice discipline like this during the regular season. Sit the stars if they break the rules. They won't do it again. I promise.

Ben

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Its very good that Reid is laying down the "law" some coaches just have to stand up to the players and just give them what they deserve. Many of the star players out their think that they can get away with just about anything. Like you said crayon in every football game basetkball game, hockey, even if it is an all-star game if you and your team-mates arnt on the same page, you can seriously get injuried.

new topics

join