It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Coyotes end affiliation with Springfield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For unknown reasons the Coyotes have ended their affiliation with the AHL's Springfield Falcons. Not to worry though for the Falcons, the Tampa Bay Lighthning signed an agreement for the Falcons to be the Lightning's minor league affiliate. Previously Springfield had an agreement with both the Coyotes and the Lightning.

News Source Associated Press
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Phoenix Coyotes and the Springfield Falcons ended a 10-year affiliation agreement Thursday, leaving the Coyotes in need of a top farm team.

The Coyotes offered no comment beyond saying they were looking for another minor league alignment for the 2004-05 AHL season.

News Source SportsTicker
TAMPA BAY - The Tampa Bay Lightning will not have to share the American Hockey League's Springfield Falcons anymore.

The Falcons on Thursday reached a three-year affiliation agreement with the Lightning and will terminate their deal with the Phoenix Coyotes at the end of the 2003-04 season.

I was not aware that minor league teams were being shared amongst the NHL squads. I look at this as a good thing for the Lightning. They no longer have to worry about secrets being spread to other teams by way of players in the minors.

I hope the Coyotes are able to find a new farm club soon. Though it may not matter with the end of the CBA comming up in September.

Ben

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Is springfield that good for them to share?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Not sure how that all works out. But I would think it would be tougher on the minor league team to have players from 2 different NHL styles. With only 1 NHL team giving you players, your current set already have an understanding of how each other plays.

I think it will be better for Springfield in the end and they will start to win more games.

new topics

join