It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASEBALL: Henson leaving Yankees for NFL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Officially Henson is still a Yankee and has to clear waivers before he is able to head to the NFL. If all works out, he will return to the NFL and the Houston Texans. Even with 2 minor league seasons under his belt, the Texans used a 6th round pick in the 2003 draft to pick up Henson. Looks like their gamble could pay off. Henson will workout with the team on Feb 12th and be on display for the other 31 teams in the league.

News Source Associated Press
Henson's agent, Casey Close, told the Yankees the third baseman is quitting after three mediocre seasons in the minor leagues, a baseball official said Monday on the condition he not be identified.

Henson will forfeit the $12 million he is owed from the contract he agreed to with the Yankees in 2001, the official said.

When someone has been away from their sport for 3 years, how easy is it for them to come back to it? Players comming directly out of college, especially quarterbacks, usually have major problems at the Pro level. Everything moves faster, everybody is bigger.

I think Henson made his mistake when he decided to try and play baseball. I hope he does well, but I don't think he will.

Houston might be stuck with him, and then he may be out on the street. If he is able sign with a team, maybe they will send him to NFL Europe, so he can get back into it. I don't forsee him being at the helm of any team in the near future. Probably a career backup.

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Ben]

Ben

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Henson will most likely goto Eurpoe to play a couple of season, unless he plays extremely well in the training camp, i dont forsee him on a NFL team.

He made the wrong decision by going to baseball and not football. But maybe his time off gave him a more of a mental edge.

new topics

join