It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: FOOTBALL: Elway, Sanders voted into NFL Hall of Fame on first attempts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
There was no question as to if Elway and Sanders were going to be elected to the NFL Hall Of Fame. There was not even a question as to when. On their first year of elegibility, both Elway and Sanders were enshrined into greatness. Bob Brown and Carl Eller joined them on their journey into the Hall.

News Source Associated Press
HOUSTON (AP) -- The stirring comeback and spectacular escape were unnecessary this time around. John Elway and Barry Sanders were elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame without a sweat.

As expected, two of the NFL's most dominating and exciting players made it in Saturday on their first attempt.

Elway, the king of the comeback, and Sanders, the master of escape, cemented their status among the all-time greats, and were joined by Bob Brown and Carl Eller.

I don't think anybody really had a question as to wether or not Elway and Sanders deserved to be in the Hall. It would have been great to see what Barry could have done if he had finished out his career. As much as I dislike the Broncos and Elway, I congradulate him on what he has accomplished.

Congrats to everybody in the Hall, especially Brown and Eller. Those are some amazing stats, not sure why you were not in there sooner.

[Edited on 1/2/04 by TRD]

Ben

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yea i was thinking the exact same thing about the other two players that were elected into the hall.

Congrats to both players, its a great thing to be in the hall. Does this mean that Sanders now can't come back into the NFL as a player?

TRD

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Elway well deserved to be there he was in my opinion the most physically gifted quarterback to ever play the game. At 6ft 3in, 215 pounds, he had an awesome arm and could escape pass rushers with his speed.

These attributes made him the only player in NFL history to pass for more than 3,000 yards and rush for more than 200 yards in the same season, seven consecutive times, and only the second to record more than 40,000 yards passing and 3,000 yards rushing.

join