It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Yzerman passes Mario as Wings beat Devils

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Steve Yzerman moved up to sixth spot on the all-time scoring list after the Red Wings beat the Devils. Stevie-Y passed Super Mario and now has 1702 points for his NHL career. After battling through a knee injury and playing very few games last year. Yzerman has come back to lead his team to lead their division and tied for the second best points mark in the league.

News Source Associated Press
DETROIT (AP) -- Another game, another milestone for the Detroit Red Wings.

Steve Yzerman moved past Mario Lemieux for sixth place on the NHL's career scoring list with his 1,702nd point in Detroit's 5-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Thursday night.

This is great. I always like to see current players reaching milestones like this. And I have always like Yzerman, even though I don't care for the Red Wings. Stevie-Y is a great leader and I believe he has gotten to this elevated state kinda quietly. There was no "Great One" or "Super" attatched to his name. Just a hard working center that lead his team to the Stanley Cup, 3 times. Including back-to-back in '96 and '97.

Go Stevie-Y. Just 1155 more points to pass Gretzky.

[Edited on 1/31/2004 by crayon]

[Edited on 1/31/2004 by Ben]

Ben

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Great accomplishment for Yzerman, who is in 5th place.

Is yzerman going to retire after this season, because of all his knee injuries.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I think that really depends on if Detroit wins the cup and if there will be a season next year.

If Detroit wins the cup this year, he is done. If the CBA is not resigned, he is done. He has been around 18+ years or something.

If there is an NHL season next year, the Wings will stick together 1 more year to try for the grandest of all championships.

Ben

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yea i agree it all depends on if they win the cup. Do you think they can win the cup?

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
they look good this year, but member last year they got knocked out of the first round.

new topics

top topics

join