It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: HOCKEY: Rangers don�t need another goal scorer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Unless Jagr can play goalie or defense he will not help the mess that GM Glen Sather has made in NY. The Rangers have so many forwards as it is with Eric Lindros, Alexei Kobalev, Petr Nedved and many more over paid players.

Lately is seems as though Sather�s new motto is we buy everyone else�s junk at a premium prices. What the rangers need to do is go out and get some top defensive players to help there goalie in Duhamn and get a good backup they could have gotten CuJo but now he is off the market.

Sather needs to go so that the Rangers will be able to stop the bleeding before it gets worse. And last night was major bleeding with there lose to the Sens 9-1

[Edited on 1/25/2004 by Ben]

Ben

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Any ideas how they could repaire this team?

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
well they could trade some of the big name goal scores for lets say some big name defensive players.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Oh wait, they might need one now. Can Lindros recover yet again from another concussion?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
well first how long will he be out for?

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Its his 8th concussion. He finished the period that he got it in. Not sure if it was from the hit or the ensuing fight.

He is going to be reevaluated Thursday. Hey, thats today.

Ben

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
hope for the rangers sake that he will be able to play again. Lindros is a big part of there team, his physical presence and scoring abillity.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
well he received tests yesterday, how did those go?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nothing being released yet on Lindros. Many people are suggesting to him that it is time to retire so he can remember old age. Richter told him that if he wants to come back that he has to take things slow and easy. And that a head injury should not be taken lightly. Your life is in danger here, not just your ability to walk without a limp.

Ben

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
yea thats true, but he has come back from concussions so many times, that i think he will come back.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Each concussion makes the next one that much easier to get.

I think its time for Eric to call it quits. He is a great player, with a slight attitude. I really don't want to see a player die on the ice. And I have a bad feeling that if Lindros gets a good whack, say from Stevens, then he won't be getting back up.

Ben

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Good point if stevens gets a hold of him it could be lights out. At first i would never have thought Eric would be able to get concussions like that, h e is a very big guy and even harder guy to hit at times. People must get a really good shot on him.

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
COuld they trade lindros?

Ben

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i dunno if a team would want him, with all the concussions he is getting, he would be a very big risk.

Ben

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
how is lindros doing?

HOw are the rangers doing?

new topics

top topics

join