It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Transfer Rumours

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Newcastle are hoping that Leeds and Alan Smith will consider their plan of reaching a pre-contract agreement for striker Smith that would allow him to complete this season with his beloved but doomed club and join the Geordies next season.

He would in effect be loaned back to Leeds for the remainder of the season. Arsenal are the other other real contenders for the England man's signature.

Chelsea

Chelsea have been linked with Athletic Bilbao left-back Asier del Horno as they seek to find a replacement for the faltering Wayne Bridge. Del Horno had agreed a three-year deal in principle with Bilbao but his reluctance to sign forced his coach to consider excluding him from the team.

Arsenal

Sevilla sensation Jose Reyes has left the door open for a big-money move to Arsenal by admitting all players have their price. The young playmaker is one of the brightest players of his generation and has long been a target for Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

Kluivert exit a possibility

Patrick Kluivert is looking increasingly likely to leave Barcelona at the end of the season. Barca are believed to be keen to off-load the Dutch international striker, and are trying to negotiate a €4 million transfer before the end of the transfer window. However, the player is standing firm, and there appears to be little prospect of a deal being struck within the next couple of weeks.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Newcastle would get a good deal if they pull it off,but i can't see it happening.Arsenal have been a long time admirerer of Smith and i'm sure they would go in for him.

As for Chelsea they are linked with anyone who in the slightest mentions they want to leave their club.

TRD

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Speed yes Chelsea go for anything that moves,looks like i nailed the Reyes deal again!!

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yes good call,well it the last few days so expect a few last minute scrambles.

top topics

join