It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: SOCCER: Birmingham in move for Nicky Butt

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Birmingham City have made their move and tabled a �5.5 million bid for Manchester United's Nicky Butt.Blackburn and Everton admitted an interest, but insisted they could not fund a bid.

Newcastle have stated that they will not be making a move and Middlesborough seem to have lost interest as their main priority is to get in a striker.Butt requested a transfer after not getting enough first team action earlier this month.The big stumbling block could be whether Butt would be prepared to join a club who, to use Bruce's words, are still not fully established as a Premiership club and his wage demands could also be difficult to meet.

[Edited on 22/1/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Manchester United star Nicky Butt looks set to remain at Old Trafford until the summer at least, after shunning a switch to Birmingham City. The England star has held talks with Blues after they lodged a �5.5 million offer for him. However, after meeting with Steve Bruce,Butt has told him that he is not ready to move, despite asking for a transfer earlier this month.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes it looks like he is staying put at least until the summer.I'm guessing Birmingham will try again then.

TRD

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Birmingham manager Steve Bruce has admitted he is set to make a new bid in the summer to sign Manchester United midfielder Nicky Butt. The Blues agreed a fee of £5.5million for Butt before the transfer window closed last week only for the England international to delay a decision on his future until the end of the season.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The way things are going they will definatly sign him in the summer,guess we have to wait and see.

Sir

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Butt has done well for Man United i'm surprised they are letting him go,i suppose to make way for younger talent they have.

Steve Bruce seems adamant on signing him,but wait till the summer i'm sure a couple of other clubs will go in for him,i'm surprised Arsenal havn't as it would add some bite to there midfield.

top topics

join