It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Number 1 team in the Land

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
When was the last time Duke and Saint Joes played? Or even better Stanford and Saint Joes.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Saint Joe's just wont lose as they won yet again last night. moving to 23-0

Ben

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Is louvilles bubble for the tournament about to bust, they have lost six of the last season, and in danger of not making the madness.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
St Joe's pulled their game out today winning by just 2 points over Rhode Island.

"Second-ranked Saint Joseph's is still undefeated after passing its toughest test in months.

The Hawks won their 26th consecutive game on Saturday, beating Rhode Island 57-55 on a go-ahead basket by Delonte West in the final minute. Jameer Nelson scored 21 points and West had 19 for Saint Joe's, which has only a home game against lowly St. Bonaventure and the Atlantic 10 tournament standing in the way of a perfect regular season."

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
No need for an improbable comeback this time -- top-ranked Stanford never trailed.

Josh Childress had 29 points, 12 rebounds, five assists and three blocks, and the Cardinal won their school-record 25th straight game, a 76-55 victory over cold-shooting Oregon on Saturday.

Stanford (25-0, 16-0 Pac-10) beat the Ducks at home for the 18th consecutive time in a matchup that was nothing like the last meeting, when the Cardinal rallied from a 19-point second-half deficit to win 83-80 in Eugene on Jan. 31.

The Cardinal remained one of two unbeaten teams in Division I.

No. 2 Saint Joseph's is 26-0 after squeaking out a 57-55 win earlier Saturday at Rhode Island. No team has entered the NCAA tournament without a loss since UNLV in 1991. The last team to finish the entire season unbeaten was Indiana in 1976.

This was third time in the history of the arena that Stanford has gone undefeated at home. It also happened in 1988-89 and 1996-97.

sports.espn.go.com...

Ben

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Both teams are very close to finsihing off a perfect season, i wonder if they will hold up.

Saint Joe's really came through in a tough game, looks like they answered those questions about winning in tight games.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yup, Stanford should be 27 and 0 going into the Pac-10 Tournament 2 weekends form now as they're at Washington and Washington State next weekend.

Ben

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Going to be a fun last couple of weeks and the tournametn.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm watching the final St Joe's regular season game against St Bonaventure.

I'm not sure, but I think they'll win. There are 12 minutes left and St Joe's is winning 68-29.

27-0 is damn impressive, next up for the Hawks is the Atlantic-10 tourney.

PG Jameer Nelson is having an awesome year!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Saint JOes finsihed off the year undefeated a perfect 27-0 can stanford match that?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkeye8424
Saint JOes finsihed off the year undefeated a perfect 27-0 can stanford match that?

I think they will. Their 2 remaining games are against Washington and Washington St, I dont think they should have a problem winning either contest.

Ben

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
After pulling off a miracle win the other night, can stanford finish the season off undefeated?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
After pulling off a miracle win the other night, can stanford finish the season off undefeated?

NO!!!

St. Joe's is #1 !!!

Stanford went down to Washington today and that opens the door for the Hawks to move into the top spot! As most of you know, I'm a die-hard Tarheel fan but I only live about 20 miles from St Joe's so its cool to see a local small school doing so well, alot of people never even heard of them before this season.

Top-ranked Stanford lost for the first time this season, falling 75-62 to unranked Washington on Saturday.

Tre Simmons scored 16 points to help Washington end the Cardinal's effort to complete the first 18-0 season in Pac-10 Conference history. On Thursday night, the Cardinal rallied to beat Washington State on a last-second shot.

Stanford (26-1, 17-1) shot only 39 percent, had 18 turnovers and was in foul trouble for most of the game that ended with Huskies' fans storming the floor and dancing in jubilation.

The loss, left Saint Joseph's (27-0) as the only undefeated team in the country. The Hawks are attempting to become the first team to enter the NCAA tournament unbeaten since UNLV in 1991.

sports.espn.go.com...

Ben

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Things arnt looking that great for Stanford as of late, they just dont seem to have it now. And their play has been sub par as well.

How was the duke- UNC game?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
How was the duke- UNC game?

It was a very exciting game to watch, but unfortunately Duke won the game. Seems UNC has had trouble playing a solid 40 minutes, their play is like a roller coaster. And way too many turnovers.

The ACC tourney starts Friday, that's going to be an awesome tournament.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
duke but there not going to win the tourny

Ben

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
if duke isnt going to win the tourney who will

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's anybody's title in the ACC, I think it's far and away the best conference in college hoops.

Every team in that conference has a shot.

Ben

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
so you basically saying Duke?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join