It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newz Forum: BASKETBALL: Number 1 team in the Land

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Great game with stanford and arizona that shot was just amazing it was a prayer of a shot and he hit it, and the crowd went crazy, THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.

Ben

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Who is number 1 Saint Joes or Duke?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Saint joesph has the better back court of the two, but the Duikies have the better big man, its a very even matchup, and if the game comes down to a gaurd making a big shot Saint Joes will win it, but i dont think we will see this match in the regular season, if anything this game will be played for the title.

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Saint Joe's kept the winning streak going last night with a big win last night by 20 points. Can anybody beat them?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Saint Joe's kept the winning streak going last night with a big win last night by 20 points. Can anybody beat them?

They are playing unbelievable right now, I dont see them losing in the regular season, they have a fairly easy schedule remaining. Then they have the Atlantic-10 tourney and then of course the NCAA's.

St Joe's remaining schedule.....

at Fordham
vs Temple
at UMass
at Rhode Island
vs St Bonaventure

The Temple game might be their toughest, especially since they are cross-town rivals. There is alot of hype here in Philly about the St Joe's Hawks, my buddy's little brother goes there and he said the campus is just buzzing.

I think it might do St Joe's good to lose a game before they head to the NCAA tourney, just to get it out of their system.

I predict the #1 team Duke to go DOWN today to a talented NC State team.

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I dont like how Duke is number 1 now, sure they are a good team but i say give hte number 1 team to a undefeated team. Say that Duke does go down who will be number 1?

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Your calling it right now PA duke is down by 13 early in the game.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

I predict the #1 team Duke to go DOWN today to a talented NC State team.

Now NC State is up 38-29 with 18:48 remaining in the second half!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
NC State is still winning, 63-58 with 4:20 left!

Go Wolfpack!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I SMELL UPSET!

NC State now up 70-62 with 55 seconds left!!!

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
how did you predict that?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
NC State leads by 2 with 7 seconds left and they're inbounding after a timeout.

Down with Duke!!!

TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben

Damm i wished i read this earlier i would have had a bet on them the odds to win with the bookies were pretty good..!

[Edited on 15/2/04 by TRD]

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
now that duke has fallen again, who is the number 1 team?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
NC State upset #1 ranked Duke 78-74!!!

Time for St Joe's and Stanford to take another step forward.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben

Well Duke has been on a roll lately and were due for a letdown, while NC State is an often overlooked team but are a sleeper team with lots of talent.

I guess from betting games for years you see patterns and get hunches. I dont bet anymore, I learned the hard way.

Ben

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Duke should move to 3 or 4 now. And hopefully Saint Joes can be number 1.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Duke should move to 3 or 4 now. And hopefully Saint Joes can be number 1.

I would LOVE to see St Joe's #1 too but I think Stanford will move to #1 and St Joe's will have to settle for #2 and just hope that someone can upset Stanford.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
No. 1 Duke missed 20 of its first 27 shots but nibbled its way back into the game. NC State hit its last 12 free throws but almost choked on a late turnover. In the end, the Wolfpack connected enough dots to beat the Blue Devils 78-74 Sunday.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by freak29:

Saint joesph has the better back court of the two, but the Duikies have the better big man, its a very even matchup, and if the game comes down to a gaurd making a big shot Saint Joes will win it, but i dont think we will see this match in the regular season, if anything this game will be played for the title.

Don't overlook Stanford.

Stanford and Duke have played each other twice the last 2 years and Stanford's won both meetings.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join