It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real Life Jedi Mind Tricks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has seen any of the videos on youtube or google.video...

but I thought I'd make a thread about it, considering it's quite interesting.

Has anyone here heard of Derren Brown?

If your answer is NO... than I suggest you watch this video.

To sum it up, it's real life jedi mind tricks.. NLP... etc..

www.youtube.com...

after that one, check out this one... a lil freaky if you ask me.

www.youtube.com...

this one is just plain amazing..

www.youtube.com...

don't forget what your about to do... *waves hands mysteriously*...
lol
www.youtube.com...

any comments anyone? ..

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
lol thats amazing i like the zombie one wer they messed around with that guy and the dog track one

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Derren Brown is amazing, I've watched nearly everything he's done on UK TV.

You should also be aware he is a massive skeptic and debunker (his Christmas book was all debunking).

His tricks are all just that...tricks.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think it's terrifying how easy it is to be tricked like that, although fascinating to watch it being done to someone else
, I love watching his shows.

I tell you what though if I was his mate I wouldn't trust him one bit. Could you imagine him... 'Hey did you bring that tenner you owe me from last week?'

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but that is completely unimpressive to me...

It is all most likely staged, and doctored up to look good for TV...

Entertainment? Yes.

Jedi Mind Tricks (or any paranormal "powers" for that matter)? No Way.

Video 1 - Why don't you go out and try to tell someone "Here's the winning lottery ticket," and give them a dud. It's basically the same thing, although I am 100% positive that you will not collect a cent.

Video 2 - Completely staged. The show would be sued for putting someone in a vegetative state (supposedly caused by the flashing light (seizure?)) knowingly....It's amazing at the lengths they go to though to make it seem like the guy is really experiencing it. They used a lot of money to pull that one off. The guy's gun isn't even real...

Video 3 - Again, for the sake of television, a complete set up.

Video 4 - I'll admit, I only watched like the 1st minute of this one, but it was enough to come to the same conclusion. It seems like he's just confusing the driver. Big deal. It's hard to listen, think, and drive at the same time.

This is no different than the things Criss Angel, David Copperfield, David Blaine and the like do.....and it's done a lot less effective. At least they present it as magic and illusion. Yes, they all want you to think there is something magnificent about their performance, but so does the average athlete. They are entertainers.

To me, (no offense intended) to believe there is something amazing about this is ignorance to it's fullest.....

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Azazelus
He is genuine!
I am an avid fan of his, he is not paranormal and he expresses that himself (alot), but the human mind can be manipulated, through hypnosis techniques and just telling you things that stick.

At the start of every show he's done, he says something like "everything is done with the use of showmanship, suggestion, misdirection and hypnosis "
I saw his stageshow on T.V (Something wicked this way comes)(a must see for all fans) and he tricked an entire audience, he says he's done this show for 2 years at 200 venues and I doubt very much he takes the same audience members everywere.

Beleive he's a fake if you want, he would commend you himself for that (but then probably make you forget your own name), BUT he is genuine and he is extremely clever...

Even in this vid he shows that not everyone is suseptible...

Trains of thought!!!

[edit on 2-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
actually you said that the second 1 could have been staged but if the guy was epileptic then he wouldnt go to the game because he would kno that it would have flashing images

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here's another couple of good vids.

This one may be a little disturbing at the end but nothing too graphic.
Mind control 1

Mind control 2

One of my fav things he's done!!!

This one is a great example of how he works.
In the sense that he's not reading your mind, BUT he is changing your mind...
Are you sure thats what you want!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bullet Proof
actually you said that the second 1 could have been staged but if the guy was epileptic then he wouldnt go to the game because he would kno that it would have flashing images

Not that this really even warrants a response...but..

I'm not saying he was epileptic.....Flashes of light that cause this type of reaction (even though the guy in the video was probably a paid actor) occur naturally to people that are not epileptic. There have been mass cases of light patterns causing seizures in non-epileptic people.

Even if it was a seizure, it would not have lasted nowhere near as long...and he would not have been able to stand.

This is all a complete waste of time unless you are looking to be entertained. I highly doubt it has anything to do with the power of suggestion/hypnosis/misdirection....etc...etc...etc...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It didn't make him have a seizure, IT PUT HIM IN A TRANCE.
Sorry for the caps, but you need to understand that before you say it's all crap...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hey chris... just shows how much people are scared of people like derren brown..
.... what stop were you getting off at again? ... lol

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus

This is no different than the things Criss Angel, David Copperfield, David Blaine and the like do.....and it's done a lot less effective. At least they present it as magic and illusion.

This is a completely inaccurate thing to say.
For starters Angel, Blaine and Copperfield all claim they can fly:
THEY CAN'T

Derren brown claims he can mess with your mind: He REALLY CAN

Angel, Blaine and Copperfield (ABC) dont get on stage or were ever and say "I can't really fly", they would really try to convince you that they can.

Derren Brown will tell you he's tricking you into beleiving something.
He say's it best when he say's "I'm honest about my dishonesty"

Those three are illusionist's and they want you to beleive they have powers.
Derren is manipulative and just want's you to know that it can be done...

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So you're telling me the ladies at the Dog race would be dumb enough not only to give a losing ticket the top prize, but do it after scanning the ticket twice?
Please....I highly doubt that they would have been hired if they were that incompetent. A race track is there to MAKE MONEY, not give it away to some schmuck that tells them (while they reaaaaallly believe it) that they won.

How do you explain the guy in the supermarket NOT being a complete setup? Is this guy some sort of miracle worker? NO! The entire skit was a setup. Not only is it totally improbable that he would know what the guy was going to pick out of every item in the store, but even more rediculous to hint that he "suggested" the path that he was going to take....

I know one thing, Obi-Wan would be offended that he was compared to this clown....

The only people he has "tricked" are the producers of his TV show (into giving him a show in the first place), and people that believe there is something true to his abilities......

[edit on 2-1-2007 by Azazelus]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That's it, he doesn't have abilities nor does he claim it!

He just has a great knowledge of how the human mind works and he can manipulate it to do what he wants, that is all he is doing.
DO YOU BELEIVE IN HYPNOTISM???

The dog track one is a prime example of confusion, the woman "see's" it's the "right" ticket and therefore is going to take her own judgement over a possibly faulty machine.

With the guy in the supermarket, Derren has implanted the thought to get Vinegar (I think it's vinegar, I haven't watch it on here because I saw the show awhile back) and he explains that supermarkets are set out to plant suggestions anyway, so it could mean that 98% of the public take that route and given that Derren knows were the guy will end up it could be a fairly easy thing to do with his knowledge.

If you don't like it don't post, I'm not trying to force your belief, but explain alittle how it all works.

Oh and a good example of how shops do use subliminal messaging, have you ever stood in a que at your local supermarket and seen to your side all those chocolate bars and sweets and just thught "Man I would love to have one of those, I havn't had one since I was a kid" or "hmm those chewing gums at the counter look good, i'll have a pack" it's called "IMPULSE BUYING" yes it even has a name...

Dae

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azazelus
How do you explain the guy in the supermarket NOT being a complete setup? Is this guy some sort of miracle worker? NO! The entire skit was a setup. Not only is it totally improbable that he would know what the guy was going to pick out of every item in the store, but even more rediculous to hint that he "suggested" the path that he was going to take....

If you watch the supermarket one again, its actually right there. Brown talks alot and quite fast, he talks about crisps (chips to americans and aussies) he mentions cheese & onion and then says "and salt and whatever...blah blah". The dudes brain filled in the gap, salt & vinegar. Now the path he took? Reckon that one is quite predictable, up and down the isle a few times, then end up by the vinegar then back to the meeting point. Easy

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
He uses techniques like NLP...

Its all psychiatric.. (sp?) abuse.. because everyone is derranged.. lol
so its easy to manipulate them.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I remember seeing the Zombie one on tv when it was first aired and all I thought to myself was....if a random guy took my friend away i'd be asking him a whole lot of questions like "what the hell are you doing!?!?!"

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
I remember seeing the Zombie one on tv when it was first aired and all I thought to myself was....if a random guy took my friend away i'd be asking him a whole lot of questions like "what the hell are you doing!?!?!"

If you look the friend looks a little unsure of whats going on (a bit shocked) but if you saw and entire TV crew, sound man, producer and cameraman you'd get an idea that it's O.K, he may have even recognised Derren Brown...

When I saw it on TV did anyone else notice (after he got the guy back and out of the zombie place) Derren looked alittle like he had a black eye, it could have been the lighting but it looks very dark, Maybe theguy hit him when he walked in and got him.(I could be wrong) But after that they ould have put make up on to cover it...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Pure Energy, you will love this one, just watch for when he touches the guy's hand, it's gotta be something to do with touch and what he's saying but it's hard to follow the implanted messages...

I'll put two up,but it's the top one i'm talking about...

Scam...

LMAO

I must say though, in the TV show he done this on more people and swapped with a few more people, TV show he only swapped with this black guy this one time...
Person Swap...

EDIT: found more on the Person Swap...
Person Swap2...

[edit on 5-1-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think you'll like this one too...

Hand Paint...

I'd just like to point out, right after he say's the headteachers pants fell down he say's "it was a bit "em-bear-ising for her" I love the way he works!!!

EDIT: Another vid, I could just keep posting all day!!!

Movements...

[edit on 4-1-2007 by chris01621]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join