It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When God Thinks, Does it Occur?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Is there a time lapse for God's thoughts and their realization in the short term, medium term, long term, or Eternity? Or do some of God's thoughts never come to fruition? Where do those thoughts go? Are some or all of them deleted?

Should we treat every thought as real? If we do not believe in free will, should we not treat every thought as real since the thought came from God? Or is there a time lapse for rationality as every perceived thought will come to realization in the context of Eternity? Are human beings irrational beings because we can never know when our thoughts will occur?

All the more more to believe in God and the never-ending pursuit of the Infinite and Ultimate Truth.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We have minds to think with. What does God think with?

Perhaps God created minds to think with, while not having to endure being alone while doing it.

Now, here is a thought:

Perhaps there are portions of minds (all minds) that are set aside for the creator of those minds.

God did ask for 10%, did he not? But, what happens when people do not give that 10% God requested?

What if the 10% was consciousness itself, 10% of our concsiousness that God utilizes to think with?

What if some people do not willing give 10% of their minds and thoughts to God?

Perhaps God takes the 90%, and leaves us with 10%. Now, perhaps that 10% is split, with half going towards figuring out how to gain control over the 90% of the mind. And, that half becomes 5% which is the subconscious mind attempting to gain conscious control over the 90%, and the other 5% constitutes the conscious mind of the individual, which is gradually decreasing in volume due to the fact that the other 5% is continously reaching for re-inforcments to battle against God for control of the other 90%.

Just some thoughts i had after reading the intro.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Is there a time lapse for God's thoughts and their realization in the short term, medium term, long term, or Eternity?

Those are human constraints. God lives outside of 'time' - time is one of the two factors which define us as mortal. God is immortal.

Should we treat every thought as real?

YES!!!!!

Thoughts ARE things. Guard your thoughts as diligently as you do your spoken words.

Are human beings irrational beings because we can never know when our thoughts will occur?

I don't think irrational is an actual condition; rather like 'insane' - it is just another way of describing something as different due to incomplete understanding.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
God did ask for 10%, did he not? But, what happens when people do not give that 10% God requested?

I know not (but I have my suspicions).

What happens when DO they give, voluntarily, 10% and even more - maybe even 90%?

Verse
Verse

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

I know not (but I have my suspicions).

What happens when DO they give, voluntarily, 10% and even more - maybe even 90%?

give the 90%, and the 10%?

Sounds like there would be reason right there for someone to go on a quest to obtain understanding of NOTHING, because they would have to comprehend the nothingness, or yield to it.

"Same measure" as it says in the scriptures, right?

If a soul voluntarily permits the Godhead to think with the 10% and the 90%, then perhaps those souls are then permitted to think collectively using the 10% that God reserves for God amongst the brain cells of those who avoid and ignore truth. Just a thought, not sure if it was mine or someone elses, though.

Verse
Verse

How very very appropriate QueenAnnie!

Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.

QueenAnnie,
Do you think those souls who have dedicated all are permitted to use the knowledge accumilated by others who have made the same choice, as well as those who are unaware of what thoughts exist in the 10% God has requested?

Perhaps a rhetorical question, not intended upon being answered by words, only by experience.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

We have minds to think with. What does God think with?

When you say "mind," you really mean "brain," right?

"Mind" is generally understood by psychologists to be sort like a verb- it's what the brain does. The "mind" is a product of the brain's electro-chemical activity.

Is that what you meant?

That's making several HUGE suppositions, though.

1. You're assuming that you cannot have mind without electrochemical brain function. While this is the view of materialistic science, our everyday experience, and even more important, our paranormal experience as a species gives lie to the notion.

2. That God's mind would require a living brain.
If mind is merely the product of billions of electrical switches firing, then God certainly wouldn't need a brain for that. Heck, the flashes of lightning within a thundercloud might be every bit as electrochemically complex as a human brain. For all you know, a thunderstorm could be a sentient, thinking being. . . .

3. That God (or anyone one else, for that matter), consists of only the three dimensions of the material universe. this usually proceeds from the belief that humans only exist in 3 dimensions, since that is all we can usually sense. But it might not be an outrageous assumption to imagine that God is indeed multidimensional, in which case, his brain could exist entirely in another universe, or indeed, might be the electrical activity of millions of universes colliding with each other each nanosecond.

Dude. I'm starting to feel like a lava lamp inside. You wanna order a pizza?

all the best.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

When God Thinks, Does it Occur?

Of what religion are you referring to?

Is there a time lapse for God's thoughts and their realization in the short term, medium term, long term, or Eternity?

Would you like a straight forward answer? Here is my straight forward answer:
Yes. No. All of the above. None of the above.
Why?

• We must define time outside of our own perceptions.
    A moment for a God may be an eternity for us humans. Visa versa applies.
    Does time even exist for a God? Or even us? Does the concept of time exist for a God? This may very likely be the scenario.
    Are you are talking about the Christian God? If so, think of it this way:
    God created the universe along with life in seven days. This goes to show that he has a concept of time.
    Science says that the universe cannot have been created in the above-mentioned timespan.
    This suggests that this God may have a different concept of time.
  • We must define the mind.
    Esoteric Teacher has already spoken about this.
  • We must define the mind within the frames of actual time.
    Here is an abovetopsecret thread about how the mind may escape the constrictions of our concept of time. Surely a powerful being like a God cannot be restricted to a 'one second per second' concept.

Are human beings irrational beings because we can never know when our thoughts will occur?

Interesting point. I like it. But ultimately it does not matter.
What is the definition of irrational? Is it not just a word? One person's rational idea may seem completely irrational to others, and visa versa. You of all people should understand this, GreatTech!
Ofcourse, you are making a point. If we are irrational to God, is he not irrational to us? How can he create people without actually understanding them? Yet we exist. So either we are completely rational, or God's irrational thoughts created us. Think about it... If God's irrational thoughts created us, this brings us to both the answer to your question, along with a devine paradox.

top topics

join