It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do any insurgents have myspace profiles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
this is something i really have been wondering about alot lately. i know plenty of US troops have myspace profiles and they have occasional internet access so i thought maybe some of the insurgents have myspace profiles too. theyre are internet cafes all throughout iraq so i dont see why it wouldnt be possible. does anyone know of any insurgent myspace profiles and could maybe provide a link? thanks

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
One of the FBI's most wanted terrorists Adam Yahiye Gadahn has a profile.

ADAM YAHIYE GADAHN

As does Ali Saed Bin Ali Al-Houri

Ali Saed Bin Ali Al-Houri

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
oh come on man im being serious here. im not talking about fbi most wanted type terrorists im talking about your average run of the mill insurgent in like iraq or afghanistan. i dont think it would be impossible

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Whether or not there are, to be honest, know one really knows.

You see, there are so many hoax profiles on MySpace. Case in point, there is a thread in the 911 Conspiracies forum, where several members are discussing Osama Bin Ladens MySpace profile.

For reference: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Highly unlikely.

You would really have to take into consideration the probabilities. And to me, it is very very improbable. For a multitude of reasons.

It is more likely that they use instant messaging, or plain old email. But even that is not highly probable, since certainly the occupying forces have means of intercepting internet communications.

2 cents

[edit on 1/1/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
On Myspace anybody can claim to be anybody. I believe there are numerous "Myspaces" of "George Bush". I bet neither of them are actually him. Myspace cannot be trusted as a source. Myspace is just for entertainment.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm sure they do, but it's a bit like asking 'do they have mobile phones? or internet at home?' of course they do, they have access to all the tools and gizmos the rest of us do.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Why would insurgents have a myspace account? to try and score a date? or perhaps they go through looking for people they may try and recruit? I doubt that insurgents are using myspace to do much of anything.

Of course they just might use it as a recruitment tool or perhaps as a means to communicate effectivly to a lot of people. Myspace has some good tools to do that with. I wonder now.

Course I would love to see an insurgents profile...

Headline: Destroy all infidells!

About Me: I am 23 years old single and about to become a suicide bomber in the name of allah! DOWN WITH THE WESTERN PIG DOGS!

I'd Like to meet: The promised 27 virgins after I die in this jihad!

Interests: Animal Husbandry, Cooking, Macrome AND DESTROYING THE INFIDELS!

Music: Anything not created by the GREAT SATAN! and some Diddo

Movies: 50 first dates, AND ANYTHING CREATED BY BIN LADEN OUR GLORIOUS LEADER!

Television Al Jazera

Books; The Koran

Heros; OSAMA AND ALLAH! DIE WESTERN PIG DOGS DIE!

[edit on 1-1-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
lol that was funny

well part of the reason i believe it is possible is because theyre are many young people in the ranks of the insurgents. im talking like teenagers. and just like any teenager in any country they are susceptible to pop culture. if you dont believe me look for the rap video that al quaeda made to recruit young muslims. and i dont think any 16 year old insurgent is gonna set off any alarms with a myspace page so i doubt it would be fake. i once saw a myspace profile of a girl who lives here in phoenix who was palestinian, and she had all kinds of pictures of masked palestinian gunmen in her profile so i dont think thats far off

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I reckon they would be a bit rebellious to have one in case they got “infected” with Western culture. But hay what’s the difference between a teenage suicide bomber and any other kid?
Also it would great for education purposes. Just think of all the great bombs you could make by linking to other people with an interest in pyrotechnics? I can just imagine an Israeli logging in to find there’s several people discussing blowing up his house, and perhaps whether they can use the web to find out what time he’ll be in or not.
And as whatukno points out there are the communication possibilities. If the next Al Quada forms on my space we won’t be able to bomb it will we?

As for the Moron of Washington I wouldn’t be surprised if all 4 my space accounts are genuine, he’s so idiotic he probably just forgot the password.

top topics

join