It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonopah test range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't know if there has been a preivious thread on this or a picture somewhere, but does anyone know what this is? I don't know how to upload a picture on here cause I am new but the coordinance are 37"50'00.98"N 116"43'37.11"W. Just to the north is a weird diamond shape too.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I checked your co-ordinants, nothin fancy there. There's a ghost town just N. of it, but, other than that, not much. The green tinge to the Mts. I think comes from copper discolorations.

What did you see?

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It sounds like you are describing the targets at Tonopah Test range. They have been discussed elsewhere at ATS many time.

People are forever "discovering" them on GoogleEarth and thinking they might be missile silos or something weird, but they are just targets for weapon shape ballistic tests.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Tonapah was origionally built for Sandia National Labs as a testing area for nuclear weapon balistics, they would test different shapes and designs for nukes. The site went out of use in the mid to late 1970's. Then Around 1981-81, Tonapah was updated and expanded to house the 4450th Tactical Group, which was created to fly the F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter. Tonapah was home to the F-117A Nighthawk from 1983 until earily 1992 when the stealth fighter was moved to Hollomen AFB NM.

Today Tonapah is used for UAV related testing. My guess is that the target you were talking about in your post might be a bombing target of some kind.

Tim

new topics

top topics

join