It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Post: Newbie wants to pick experienced minds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hi all, happy new year!

I've just logged on to the site, and am looking for experienced members to suggest some interesting threads to visit and become involved with. Perhaps if I explain how I ended up here it may help you helpme!

I'm from the UK and work in the medical field, and I guess I must be a little paranoid about 'big brother' because I don't want to say too much more than that!

I first became interested in politics in run up to the current Iraq war. The whole propaganda/BS/WMD/Ignoring public opinion thing really made me question the state of the world I inhabit.

I'm quite well versed in 911 related matters, however am finding the issue to be a bit of a mental quagmire and would like to move on to other areas of interest.

I'm quite a fan of prisonplanet though sometimes the anti-illegal/pro god/superpatriotism slant makes me question their objectivity. Seen most of their videos etc. The whole secret society/corrupt power/police state thing interests and to some extent concerns me but I'm not convinced theres any global long term blueprint in a masons safe somewhere! Seems like it may just be a series of business and managerial decisions. Normal human fallibilities. The whole 'Thats just the way things work best' argument I guess.

For a while was very interested in peak oil but am now not so sure it might be a De Beers style price fixing racket.

OK OK so before I start listing my hobbies etc... What Im looking for is any reccomended threads/sites/movies that you know and would like to reccomend. The sort of thing you would put on the curriculum if you ran an ATS school! I'm particularly interested in things with associated document/video/pictorial evidence, for example Operation northwoods and WTC7 interest me more than the disclosure project. (As interesting as it was it lacked that killer punch to bust through my 'I don't believe we've come across intelligent aliens' mental wall). As the plurality of religions shows, large numbers of people with strong beliefs and powerful statements dont make something a fact.

If you've got this far thanks a lot for taking the time to help a newbie and I hope you have a wonderful 2007.

Good night and good luck!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
First let me say, welcome to ATS!

That is some resume (lol) you have there. I can't think of any forum here, where you will not fit in!

See you around the boards!

[edit on 1/1/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Your area of interest is not the same as mine, so I do not know any thread or member that I could point to, but I am certain that somebody will find you.

And a happy 2007!

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
With so many questions and a vast archive of info here, I'd suggest starting with the individual forums.

ATS

PTS

And for chilling and kicking back BTS

Welcome aboard. Oh, and let your family know you're going to busy for the next 2 years or so.

Later.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hi Bruno, you will find alot of links and references on this site. There is certainly a global plan by the NWO or Illuminati to control the world. The most powerful banksters in the world are those mostly in control of the Illuminati. The Rothschild group are particularly powerful. The first and second world wars were certainly engineered by the NWO. The rise of Hitler and Communism was funded by the NWO (did you ever wonder how germany went from being in dire poverty to the most powerful military machine so quickly under Hitler, and there is evidence to prove fascism and communism were both funded by the west, even though they were fighting the wesetern countries). Trotsky was initially intended to lead the Communist Russia, however it didn't go exactly to plan. It is a fascinating story and should open your eyes to alot of the blatatnt lies we were told about worlds history. WW1 is a particular giveaway, can anyone ask what WW1 was really about??? Why did they keep fighting, how could anyone win, why so many hundreds of thousands of troops were sent on total suicide missions to run in front of the "enemy" machine guns with no hope of success. It was total madness and was run by the NWO, playing 2 sides against each other, the result of the 2 wars was to bring the governments more under a 1 world government, and of course we can all see that we are alot nearer that now than we were 100 years ago. You might like to study the Red Symphony, posted on another thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hello, and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Giordano Bruno!

You may find these forums interesting:

On ATS:
Medical Issues & Conspiracies Discussion Forum

On PTS:
Medical Issues Discussion Forum

edit to add: I forgot BTS:

Health & Wellness Discussion Forum

[edit on 2007/1/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Thanks all, I'm already feeling at home! Keep em coming...

Golddragnet, I've just finished the first part of Makows Red Symphony article. Sounds quite incredible, I'm gonna read the other articles and then find out more about this 'Makow P.h.D' character, he makes a lot of strong statements, I'd be interested in seeing where he gets his info from. I think I might have come across some of his stuff on Rense.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The ATS Freshman's Forum is a great place to discuss the complexities of the ATS universe and to get advice from rookies and veterans alike.

Asala has a new member thread here: Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Important Website-Related Threads.

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and visit the brand new Automotive Discussion forum.

Grady

[edit on 2007/1/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow thanks Grady, perfect intro, you should have that auto-sent to all new members.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Giordano Bruno
Wow thanks Grady, perfect intro, you should have that auto-sent to all new members.

He does post that in every intro thread

I agree, great post for new members.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Greetings I suggest that you visit the Survival Forum, and when you get enough points visit RATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Edit: triple post.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by JamesMcMahn]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
EDIT: Triple post

[edit on 1-1-2007 by JamesMcMahn]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Giordano Bruno. Enjoy your stay.

new topics

top topics

join