Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

gps watches

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
hey guys, just a brief question here: are there watches that have built in gps, that one could use to be located in the event that they were lost off somewhere? as a type of tracking device i mean, so rescue personnel could locate them.

thanks

CX

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm sure some have them, i remember seeing a fancy Brietling one, like a Rolex but for a pilot which contained a distress beacon.

I'll see if i can find it.

CX.

CX

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ah here is the one i was on about. Seems to have a few comments about it on the same page.

Breiling watch with distress signal

CX.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
thanks for the reference, appreciated

CX

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
No probs, although i'm sure there are better ones or at least others on the market so check those out too.

I see there was some debate about the Breitling one about whether it was on an up to date recognised frequency range, might be worth checking that out before buying anything as they are'nt cheap.

CX.

[edit on 1/1/07 by CX]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Remember GPS will allways rely on satalites not falling out of the sky or bumping into each other. NEVER NEGLECT BASIC NAVAGATION!!!!!

kids shold learn basic map reading etc as soon as possable, urban street plans too

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Although this is not a GPS watch.. it’s a Bluetooth one.

Connects to your handset... if you got a Sony Ericsson p990i this is awesome.

Click Here for a Time-Lapse Matrix Demo of the Watch - Takes time to load..But NICE...

Cool....

NeoN HaZe.

new topics

top topics

join