It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know information on the program?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Military members that work with munitions and bombs have a secure facility known as the "Bat Cave" on some installations. I have found some articles on the web that talk about what they do there but has anyone ever worked in one of these buildings or know about what goes on in them. from what i know already it's a secure building for tracking AIM-120 and bombs on most installations.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They're known as ASPs on post(Ammunition Supply Point). It's an area with a lot of ammo bunkers(ammunition is broken down by explosive classes). You can't mix certain classes of ordinance in the same bunker, just out of safety precautions(HAZMAT regs, etc...)-so you'd see small arms together, various explosive types together, various rocket types together, various artillery/mortar types together, etc....., but never mixed.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
No i think i must have exsplained it wrong. This has nothing to do with storing munitions. It is also known as the "vault" in some installations. It is a building where secret information is kept concerning munitions that are classified..I am looking for any info on what goes on in that building

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There are areas on installations that are secure, where sensitive information is stored, but I've never heard of one solely for the purpose of storing info on munitions. It would also depend on the level of classification, to what sort of facility you're talking about. Anything above secret would require a SCIF, and they don't build SCIFs to merely store munitions info. They may have munitions info as well as a host of other sensitive material. It'd all be automated anyhow, and that'd be where access to it would be. It's not as if there are warehouses of paper documents on installations, for munitions info.

join