It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonsian plane missing in Air,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
A Passenger plane has lost contact in flight Adam air, Its thought to be between Java and Indonesia,

More will follow as reports come,

Edit to add first link on the
news.sky.com...

the Plane was thought to be between Java and Sulawesi this is according to Adam Air,

Lets just hope this is a glitch and not an Air crash,

This only comes days after a fatal ferry sinking in the region, where many many where killed,

96 on board, and 6 crew,.

including 11 children,

and its a boing 737

www.flyadamair.com...

[edit on 1-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hmm, I think it's hard to just lose a 737 between two islands. I hate to say it, but it probably is crashed.

Could it be terrorism?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
theres still no word of any crashed planes, They are saying that the plane may have run out of fuel,

But still no word or no contact,

Odd indeed,

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
the strangest thing is with adding velocity ect the plane run in trouble just around the same place or exactly the same place were a couple of days a boat with 600 passengers got lost and sunk. Is it only me or is there more to it ???

The ferry was on the final leg of a 48-hour journey from the island of Borneo to the main island of Java

[edit on 1-1-2007 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Its also reported that the plane sent a distress signal before it went missing,

Im suprised there is not any more news on this yet, I have heard theres bad weather,

But gosh i thought they would at least have found it now,

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I find it a bit odd that nothing has been mentioned on this yet ie news etc i definitely havent heard nothing. Where the bloody hell could this plane be.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hi--

Tragic. This is the latest news I have seen--and AP article 2 hours old.

You can read it here: External Link

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If I was a more paranoid individual, I would think the plane had been hijacked and rerouted to another destination for retrofitting, either to act as a delivery mechanism for ricin, or to become a flying bomb.

It's highly probable that the plane just went down, but I think the above scenario is at least a possibility.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I haven't got a link, but I just heard on the news that the wreckage has been found, and at least 12 have survived. Still no other information though.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) -- Rescuers found the smoldering wreckage Tuesday of an Indonesian jetliner that went missing during a storm. Officials said 90 people were killed but 12 survived in the country's second disaster in days.

Monday's crash followed on the heels of the sinking of a passenger ferry late Friday in Indonesia's Java Sea that left 400 people dead or missing.

The Boeing 737 operated by local carrier Adam Air crashed in a mountainous region of Sulawesi island in the northeast of the sprawling archipelagic nation, said local police Chief Col. Genot Hariyanto.

CNN.com Full Article Link

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Now they report that the plane has not been found anyway. What's going on?

Channelnewsasia.com:Missing Indonesian plane not found, says official

02 January 2007

An Indonesian air force official said on Tuesday reports that an airliner with 102 people on board had been found on Sulawesi island were wrong, and that the plane was still missing.

[---]

"The location has not been found. We apologise that the news that we conveyed was not true," said First Air Marshal Eddy Suyanto, commander of Hasanuddin air base in Makassar.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 2007/1/2 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
wow so thats not even the right one?

Hmmmmm

[edit on 2-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What is going on here?

They found it, then said there were 12 survivors, and now they are sorry for reporting false news, and the plane is missing again?

WTF

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
:shk:

This story still makes me feel uneasy, even moreso now with the latest news.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I have heard that there is ment to be 4 americans on the plane also,

The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board said it was sending a team to Indonesia to assist in the investigation.

This seems to be the time scale somewhat,

The flight had originated in Jakarta, made a stopover in Surabaya at 2:07 p.m. (0707 GMT) and was supposed to land in Manado at 3:15 p.m., Rahardjo said.

Reauters

[edit on 2-1-2007 by asala]

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A 737-400 is a large aircraft, and surely had a lot of fuel on board, If it did crash, and they do know the flight path, and the point of last radio contact, or distress call, it should have been fairly easy to find, if it had crashed in water, there would have been a lot of floating debris, and a large oil slick created by the fuel, if it crashed on land, there would have been a very thunderous explosion, smoke and fire.. visible for a good distance.

It makes no sense to me for them to claim they found it, and have survivors, then several hours later apologize for making an erroneous report, and the plane is once again missing.

If the above is true, what a strange turn of events.

Speculation on my part... It could be possible that the plane was hijacked and perhaps diverted, landed and negotiations with the hijackers is ongoing?

Same scenario except it was intercepted and shot down?

Same scenario, except the plane was able to evade radar and has not been found?

Or I suppose they are telling the truth, and the plane will soon be found.

No matter what the ultimate outcome what a very unusual story this has evolved into.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Update
news.bbc.co.uk...

Last Updated: Wednesday, 3 January 2007, 04:23 GMT

Search resumes for Indonesian jet

Relatives of those on board are distraught
Indonesian military ships and aircraft have resumed the search for a passenger plane that went missing on Monday.
The plane, carrying 102 people, went out of contact as it was flying from Java to northern Sulawesi. Officials reported receiving two distress calls.

The search resumed after rescue chiefs admitted that earlier reports that the plane and its passengers had been found were untrue.

Relatives are waiting anxiously for news, and are angry at the confusion.

Transport minister Hatta Radjasa admitted late on Tuesday that the reports of a crash site, bodies and survivors were based on incorrect rumours from local villagers.

Three navy ships and five military planes are now searching areas of southern and western Sulawesi, looking for something people thought they had already found.

They had given us hope of seeing our beloved relatives, but it was false hope

The plane, a 17-year-old Boeing 737-400, was operated by Adam Air, a privately owned low-cost airline based in Jakarta which has so far had a reasonably good safety record.

Officials said the aircraft was about an hour from its destination, Manado, when it sent out two distress calls.

On Tuesday senior police and military officials said the plane had been found in a remote mountainous region of Sulawesi, and gave descriptions of the scene at the crash site.

But this information was later found to be incorrect and officials apologised for the mistake.

The families of those on board, who had been waiting for news at airports around the country, have now arrived in the city of Makassar, close to where the plane is believed to have come down.

Rescue officials are holding regular briefings at the airport, to keep these relatives informed of their findings, and the airline has set up information centres at local hotels.

But there is still a lot of anger and resentment against the authorities for their erroneous report.

"I don't understand how the authorities could be so heartless and spread rumours without thinking of the suffering of those waiting for news of their loved ones," Ima Kulata, awaiting word about her cousin and two nieces, told the Associated Press.

"They had given us hope of seeing our beloved relatives, but it was false hope," said Dorce Sundalangi, whose daughter was on the flight.

The media was equally accusatory. "The people have been lied to," said the Pikiran Umum daily. The Jakarta Post said that family members were now even more distraught than they had been before.

The air disaster happened just days after a ferry thought to be carrying some 600 people sank off the coast of Java.

Survivors from that disaster are still believed to be drifting at sea on life rafts, because bad weather has hampered the rescue effort.

On Wednesday, a group of 12 survivors was found alive after they climbed onto an unmanned oil rig.

Officials said 212 people had survived the sinking, but the chances of finding many more survivors receded as the days passed.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So all this time and still no plane,

The vice President claims they will keep looking till they find it.

"It's impossible that it just disappeared," Indonesia's Vice President Jusuf Kalla said after meeting with search officials and families of the passengers of Flight KI-574. He promised to spare no efforts in finding out what happened.

"Even if it takes a month ... we have to keep searching," Kalla said.

And now its an international search

Kalla said finding the plane has now become an "international issue" because of the length of time the plane has been missing.

Singapore has already joined the search, and a U.S. National Transportation Safety Board team arrived on Sulawesi to help investigate the possible crash of the American-made plane, which was carrying a man from the U.S. state of Oregon and his two daughters.

www.cnn.com...

I cant imagine what must have happened to this plane, Its odd still to have no word at all,

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am supprised the there hasn't been any satalite imagry from about that time looked into to find the location of the missing aircraft. This is sounding weirder and weirder as the days go on, its not like its hard to find a 150,000 lbs, 119ft long, 94ft wide aircraft in that small area.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
As the airplaine has equipment that sends out signals it should have been found by now. All one have to do is triangulate the position. Also as the area is a forest one should clearly see a long strip of felled trees where the airplaine landed or chrashed. If it had chrashed I think it should have ignited a forest fire, wich would be seen far away.

But nothing of this has happened, its still missing. So I doubt there even IS a missing plain... Maybe it's just the 'blipping' box wich fell to the ground while the plaine itself landed as it should on the airport.

This is not the first time an airplaine have disapeared without trace, but usually there is not that many passengers...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join