It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I Met A Real Bad Guy

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I should start off saying i have worked in law enfocement for 10 yrs. and never used my weapon.On this one night we where called to a older ladies house because she told dispatch a man was in her house and would not leave .After meeting with the other officer he stated he had been to her house about three times in one week for this same type of call.So i figured it was a public relations call and we would search the house and check her property and then go get dinner,boy was i wrong we arrived and she came out of the residence and said he is in the room first door on your left myself and the other officer decided ok well play along .We entered the house and i drew my glock .40 and opened the door to the room as it opened i observed a man standing in the center of the room , i began giving him orders to lie down on the floor then all of a sudden he began moving to us he had an object in his so i gave him a final order to stop or i would shoot but he kept coming.I fired 3 rounds at about seven feet so i know he was hit in the chest but he kept coming,he past right through both of us and when i turned he was gone.now here is the really stupid part i found ALL three bullets in the drywall behind where he was standing.I dont think ghosts are real but i would like your input , I was placed on admin. leave until the investigation is over it was an accidental discharge ......i mean who was i going to tell and tell the what i shot a ghost sheeesh any adive would be helpful

[Mod Edit: All Caps title]
Mod Edit: The use of All-Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by sanctum]




posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Huh.

In the forum, you'll get a lot of completely off-the-wall things.

But to help you, did your partner see anything? What about the woman? If the three of you saw it...



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Awesome! (By the way, I really hope it all works out)

Did your partner see this happen?
Got a copy of the report?
Did the ol' lady give any statement?

Anything other than this great story?

I'm not dissin, I am truely intrigued,

But, ya need a few more things to get this going.

Cuhail



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The other officer seen it and we both agreed to go with the other story .I can see my career going in the toilet if i wrote it like it happened.the woman is well.....she has a lot of problems and has at one time told people in town the mayor was from an alien ship get my point.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
My advice?

Play it off as jitters. Armed suspect in a house, poking your head around, and you saw a weird shadow. Muscle memory kicks in. Take the hit for the ND. Better holes in a wall than a dead officer.

After that's done, I'd start taking a look at the history of the house. Can you give a description of the man you saw? Like I said, post that, and poke around about the house, the history of the area. Best of luck.

DE



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It'd be very interesting if you told us where the house was for research and maybe found the coordinates in Google Earth. At least we'd have records of it here and a place to look for stories.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Johnmike he wouldnt be allowed to do that



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
If it only started recently (3 calls to her house in a week), I don't think it was a ghost. So you're telling me after this all happened, you didn't bother asking the woman who the man was or why he was there?

Basically I say either

You missed.

or

The guy was REALLY REALLY high. I've seen police footage where people are on tons of drugs, and they turn into supermen where it takes 10 officers to take them down, you can pepper spray them and they'll keep on walking, etc. You could have easily shot him and he would have kept on walking if this was the case, even if it was a relatively vital shot. He could have easily ran a few blocks with a collapsed lung or something. The bullets might have gone straight through him. I'd pull them out of the wall and see if they had blood or anything. Although I would think that would leave some kind of obvious splatter on the floor as well.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaz1234
i mean who was i going to tell and tell the what i shot a ghost


My grandfather did different jobs in his lifetime and for one night he was watchman on a large estate in Connecticut.

ONE night only. That's as long as he lasted.

This was back in the 1930's. The mansion was huge and was between owners. My grandfather was paid to roam around, from room to room, checking to make sure the windows were secure and to make it look like there was activity to keep criminals away from the property.

As he was going from room to room he kept hearing footsteps, not his own and not echos. He'd hear things knocking around inside and when he'd get to the room, no one would be there. Well ... at one point he was in a room and he heard loud footsteps coming down the hall towards him. He took out his gun and aimed it at the closed door and yelled out that he had a weapon and that he would shoot. The footsteps stopped in front of the door and then doorknob rattled and turned.

My grandfather unloaded 6 shots into, and through, the door. He immediately ran over and opened the door expecting to have shot an intruder. But no one was there and there was no sound of anyone running away. No blood either. He would have plugged them good!

But there was nothing.

So you are not alone in having shot a ghost. I'm sure there are plenty of others who have done the same. My grandfather quit on the spot. He never went back and only told his family what had happened. Oh .. and my grandfather didn't believe in ANYTHING supernatural - not God and not spooks. So he wasn't getting himself worked up or anything.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Whether we like it or not (whether *I* like it or not, for that matter) ghosts do exist. The evidence, stretching back through many thousands of years, is substantial.

They're not confined to haunted dwellings or places. Often, they attach to objects (furniture or other items, for example). Often, they're witnessed in bright, modern dwellings and buildings.

They can appear to be as solid, healthy and 'alive' as we are.

The elderly woman may have recently purchased an item (second hand picture or item of clothing, for example) and taken it into her home. This may be responsible for the entity she and you saw. The ghost, for whatever reason, may have an attachment to the item; hence his appearance within her home.

It's also possible that what you saw was a projection. The man you saw may still be alive. He may have a past association with the woman, the house or some item within the house. He may have been dreaming or daydreaming or even lying ill or in a coma and -- whilst in one of these states --- may have actually manifested (intentionally or not) within the woman's home.

Any of the above is possible.

Will you be following up (officially or in off-duty mode) to see if the woman continues to see the entity? Might be worthwhile asking if she'd brought unfamiliar items into her home shortly before the entity's appearance -- or if she has any opinions regarding possible reasons for the entity's unexplained visits. It may be that a neighbour had given her a used table or some other seemingly unimportant item.

Several years ago in the UK, a woman and her children were subject to highly publicised (and investigated) poltergeist activity which continued for many weeks. It was apparently finally discovered that the activity commenced after the woman obtained an old, wooden chair.

Interesting and I guess you'll never regard Life in quite the same way again, now you've had this experience.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
If it only started recently (3 calls to her house in a week), I don't think it was a ghost. So you're telling me after this all happened, you didn't bother asking the woman who the man was or why he was there?

Basically I say either

You missed.

or

The guy was REALLY REALLY high. I've seen police footage where people are on tons of drugs, and they turn into supermen where it takes 10 officers to take them down, you can pepper spray them and they'll keep on walking, etc. You could have easily shot him and he would have kept on walking if this was the case, even if it was a relatively vital shot. He could have easily ran a few blocks with a collapsed lung or something. The bullets might have gone straight through him. I'd pull them out of the wall and see if they had blood or anything. Although I would think that would leave some kind of obvious splatter on the floor as well.


Regarding the possibility that he was simply a drug fiend, I had an Uncle who shot some guy 4 times in the chest with a high caliber revolver, who was on Meth, the guy made it out of the building but only a block or two farther.

There would definitely be blood in the room that the "ghost" was shot as well as traces on the rounds dug out of the dry wall. Much less if you shot him 3 times, and I assume at such close quarters you absolutely put all 3 in him, he would have collapsed somewhere in the area, easily making his body recoverable.

Did your partner fire as well? What was the story (if you feel comfortable posting it,) that you and your partner corroborated for the "shooting board," (I don't know the term,) if you both agreed you saw the same thing in private?


That is definitely one of the creepiest haunting stories I've ever heard. It does not sound like a Poltergeist they generally affect objects and are not visible, much less to 3 people, even if the old woman sounds like a nut job. If 2 police officers both agree they saw it I'm inclined to believe it.

There's some weird stuff out there, and this ranks up there in my opinion.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ok from what information you gave I would have reported this... (chainge it into proper language of course)

Suspect was found in the home. I drew my wepon, ordered the suspect on the ground, Suspect did not comply. I gave a final warning to suspect. Suspect ignored final warning. I fired three rounds into the center of mass of the suspect. I must have missed the suspect. Suspect evaded capture and is on the loose.

that way you don't look crazy

The problem with lies is that the are most always uncoverd especialy in an investigation. I would just have simply stated the facts at hand and not theorised about things I could not explain. saying anything about it being a ghost (which it most likly was) would not go too far for your credibility. and saying you accedently discharged your wepon doesnt help much eather.

now with the above report you just look like a lousy shot and not a crazy person and therefore plausable denyability is created.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaz1234
I fired 3 rounds at about seven feet so i know he was hit in the chest but he kept coming,he past right through both of us and when i turned he was gone.now here is the really stupid part i found ALL three bullets in the drywall behind where he was standing.

Tell me "officer", what is the protocol you follow after discharging your weapon in the line of duty?

Also, I'm sure that this would be reported in your local paper. You know, the typical "An officer in ********** entered a home for a domestic call and discharged his weapon three times. No on was hurt. An investigation is now ongoing and the officer is on administrative leave". That kind of thing. If you could supply us with some of this information, it would assist us greatly. You could scan it and ink out any personal info.

You see, the problem is that lately, there have been quite a bit of wild claims that turn out to be total frauds here. Many of us would like to help, but want to make sure we aren't being burned by some attention hound.

Thank you.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Ok from what information you gave I would have reported this... (chainge it into proper language of course)

Suspect was found in the home. I drew my wepon, ordered the suspect on the ground, Suspect did not comply. I gave a final warning to suspect. Suspect ignored final warning. I fired three rounds into the center of mass of the suspect. I must have missed the suspect. Suspect evaded capture and is on the loose.

that way you don't look crazy

The problem with lies is that the are most always uncoverd especialy in an investigation. I would just have simply stated the facts at hand and not theorised about things I could not explain. saying anything about it being a ghost (which it most likly was) would not go too far for your credibility. and saying you accedently discharged your wepon doesnt help much eather.

now with the above report you just look like a lousy shot and not a crazy person and therefore plausable denyability is created.

That's true, but with ghost sitings you have to look into lots of research for the subject you cant describe a ghost and make off with it. I havent seen any paranormal encounters with ghosts yet but I imagine that some places may be haunted and other places may not be haunted but definately that is a better report than the one he was going to give.

Me?

I would say... I fired three shots into the target after I told the target to drop the weapons that the target had and to stay ground but the target ignored my orders and carried on. The target disappeared.

>_>.

If you report a ghost you need to have more than just circumstantial evidence there to prove that it exists.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Maybe he was on pcp, When people are on it, It's like there nerves are dead and body turns into a beserker,
Whatever it is that's wierd



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thanx for the advice ,I can not give out the addy of the house for abvious reasons .This whole thing has changed me ..My weapon was loaded with 180 grain Hydra-shoks i feel safe in saying at that range IF he made it out of the house he would not have gone far.The thing that bothers me is this thing passed through us not around but through ...I imagine i will go back when the investigation is over to look in on the lady but I dont think I ever want to meet that thing again.The shooting review board will in the end clear me and i hope to forget about this.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
That's true, but with ghost sitings you have to look into lots of research for the subject you cant describe a ghost and make off with it. I havent seen any paranormal encounters with ghosts yet but I imagine that some places may be haunted and other places may not be haunted but definately that is a better report than the one he was going to give.


If you report a ghost you need to have more than just circumstantial evidence there to prove that it exists.


I used to work at a haunted hotel in Colorado. I can tell you from expirence that ghosts are real, also that your going to have a hard time coming up with evidence that a ghost actualy exists. Its just the nature of the beast.

If I was boaz1234 I would shy away from any mention of a ghost. unless of course he took a carefull look at the slugs he took out of the wall for any strainge residual energy residue, how to do that I would imagine would require a electron microscope.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow,
Well, you are not the first to report this kind of experience. Call it a ghost or other dimensional being, but whatever you saw, it was real.



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just some Professional Advice...

Stick with the Accidental Discharge...

It will be understood and accepted on a level your fellow Officers can comprehend and live with...

If you do any further investigation, keep it strictly on the sly... Cops are not very forgiving or imaginative as after 10 years you should know...

If I can help, pop me a U2U.... I have a few years and some experience in I.A. investigations...

Semper



posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaz1234
I should start off saying i have worked in law enfocement for 10 yrs. and never used my weapon.


Are you currenly with PD? You know its against the law to impersonate a Police Officer. So if you are not, I woulnd't say it anymore. If you are, cool event.

I just noticed your post above mine Semper. Nice avvy there cousin.


[edit on 1-1-2007 by LoneGunMan]




top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join