It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Rutting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

link

“I looked up and I seen this little ... boy running down the middle of the slow lane in the interstate. I just could not believe what I was seeing,” said Troy Crady, one of those who stopped to help.

The boy, Damon Dyer, was unscathed as at least a half-dozen cars and a tractor-trailer rig swerved into other lanes to avoid him. Temperatures were in the mid 50s as the boy ran around barefooted.

Police said they traced the toddler to an apartment at a nearby complex, where they found his mother, Nancy Dyer asleep in a filthy apartment and his 2-year-old sister eating spaghetti off the floor.

No more rutting! Put your hands over your head and back away from members of the opposite sex! That's it, no more!

This is so goddamned tiresome. There's a story like this in the news every day in the states - miserable, uninterested, stupid, selfish, blatantly neglectful parents who ruin the lives of one or more children and bring shame and disgrace on our nation.

No more rutting until you can learn to be a parent. Any dumbass can give birth, but it takes a parent to raise a child, pay attention to a child, protect a child, love a child, and be responsible for a child's welfare. Look at these examples, if you find yourself having a hard time being a parent. Endeavor to be like the apes, because it's a far cry better than what you are currently!

These so-called mothers in our society are worse than animals, animals at least know how to raise their young and are even capable of loving them (which is more than can be said for so many 'parents' in our society). These wretches who make the headlines with their stunning ability to neglect and endanger their own children should be ashamed of themselves, but they're not. Why not? Why are they not ashamed? Why are they not distraught and broken down by their own inadequacy and obvious failure?

Why does our society fail so miserably at teaching people how to be virtuous, and teaching people how to be ashamed?

I'm so disgusted with certain elements of our species, I could spit.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I read about this earlier, Wyrde, but hadn't posted in here.

It's just sick, isn't it. And then she says, "oh, he got out again." What the hell?!?

A toddler... two flights of stairs, around a fence, and onto the interstate...

This mother should never see the outside world again.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

NO MORE RUTTING!

I understand the challenges faced by single moms, I was raised by one (and I was a troublemaker), but it's no excuse. If you can't do your job, let someone else do it.

The state can't do the job either, BTW, so I'm no suggesting the state should raise kids for citizens who are unwilling or unable. But there are plenty of good mothers in the world who, for whatever reason, don't have children, or can't have them.

If the rutting doesn't stop, we're seriously going to have to consider doing something drastic with all these neglected kids. Putting them in the care of the state is not the answer, we have to solve the problem ourselves, leave big brother out of it. Let someone who actually care take up the responsibility and raise the child.

We need a network to connect people who have kids and don't want them/shouldn't have them, and parents who could actually care for these children. The standards should be tough, but fair, common-sense things like this situation - obviously no good parent falls asleep and lets their child run into the road. Phsyical abuse, malnourishment as a result of drug addiction or neglect on the part of parents (not simple poverty), neglect of this magnitude - all good reasons to take a child away.

I saw a picture of this little boy, wearing his superman t-shirt. What did he do to deserve this life? :shk:

And then there's mom, who didn't even seem to give a damn.

Many of these bad parents would pitch a fit if you tried to take their child away - but why? If you can't do your job, step aside and let someone competent take over. Maybe they are just operating on instinct, or maybe they're afraid of losing the welfare check.

:shk:

Ugh, these stories never fail to make angry and ashamed. I'm ashamed! They should be ashamed too!

Bah...

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
A good start would be that that people who are on welfare should be birth control as a condition for welfare. Rods can be implanted in the body so the system need not rely on people taking their pills. This would eliminate a lot of births.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't know about mandatory birth control, I've never felt comfortable imposing restrictions on breeding because of income levels or other traits (with the exception of serious genetic disorders and the like).

I don't think the kids are the problem, it's the way they're raised by these people who call themselves parents. I don't think we should deny people the right to contribute to later generations, but we just can't keep living like this, with a bunch of kids running wild and a bunch of parents not even giving a damn about the state of things.

When I say 'No More Rutting!' it's not an endorsement of eugenics or birth control mandated by the state, it's a plea for sanity on the part of the parents. If you can't/won't raise your children properly, why bother having them? I would hope parents would use better sense in making the decision to keep their child.

There are so many parents who would love to care for these kids, if the original parent would just stoop being so stubborn and stupid 'it's my baby, I'll do what I want' - it's nonsense.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I saw this in the news this morning. I was shocked. Here is a 2 year old, dodging cars on the highway, while his mother (so called mother...) lies asleep, dead to the world, oblivious to anything going on around her, while her OTHER baby child is wondering around the house eating spaghetti from the floor!

How the hell do these kids get out in the first place? They should still be in cots! Look at them!

I'm sorry, it's a shame that these kids will probably never grow up with their real mother anymore, and that's a sad thought - But the welfare of these kids is MUCH more important. Motherhood is about bringing your kids up and doing it properly. It's called unconditional love! This mother DOES NOT have that, therefore she is not a mother.

Disgraceful.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
I don't know about mandatory birth control, I've never felt comfortable imposing restrictions on breeding because of income levels or other traits (with the exception of serious genetic disorders and the like).

When I say 'No More Rutting!' it's not an endorsement of eugenics or birth control mandated by the state, it's a plea for sanity on the part of the parents. If you can't/won't raise your children properly, why bother having them? I would hope parents would use better sense in making the decision to keep their child.

I do not believe in eugenics and I think anybody should procreate as they please, provided they do not do it on my (a taxpayer's) dime.

You are right in that there are a lot of bad parents out there. The reason is stupid people are breeding at a faster rate. They start having children in their teens and do not stop until they are biologically incapable. Responsible adults these days tend to wait until they are in their 30's to start having children and will limit themselves to two or three children. Irresponsible adults often end up becoming grandparents before they are 40.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
... Maybe they are just operating on instinct, or maybe they're afraid of losing the welfare check.

I once had a neighbor who was collecting welfare thrice for each child ... While she was married she had another child with her boyfriend.
She was also an illegal immigrant.:shk:

top topics

join