Prune Faced Old Ladies and Their Stupid Horses!

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I live in Phoenix. Ok, Peoria, but it's a suburb of Phoenix, which is a CITY. I don't live in a farming town, and although it used to be one, it's a city now full of buildings, homes, and a lot of people. I decide I want to do a little trail running, so I go to a mountain that's nearby to run my way to the top. Unfortunately, this particular afternoon the mountain is swarming with people - mostly old - but that's not too big a problem. I can run around people. What I apparently cannot run around is horses. So, I'm making my way up this trail, listening to my iPod, and I see this old lady with a sour look on her face making her way down the moutain on a horse. Behind her was another horse, and behind that horse was a man on a horse followed by yet another stupid horse. Let me repeat myself - I live in a city. The lady puts her hand up. In people language, this means "Hello. I'm waving at you to say hello." Apparently not in horse. In horse, holding your hand up means "stop," I guess. Too bad I don't speak horse. I slow down, and attempt to walk next to them while they pass me going the other way. Apparently, this lady said stop, but I didn't hear it. Her next move was to shout "STOP!" I took out my headphones while one of the horses spooked. Too bad it wasn't the one she was riding. So what did I do? I had to jump up off of the trail and wait while her little caravan of horses made it's way by me, all the while she's rambling about "Trail etiquette." I said "Sorry, I've never ridden a horse before," and thankfully her husband was a little more polite. As the prune faced old lady rode away in the distance, I thought about the things I should've said. Good thing I have manners, otherwise I probably would have said them. It's not my responsibility to know what to do if I encounter a line of horses, especially when the whole trail was already crawling with people. Maybe she needs to learn a little person to person etiquette instead!

So there's my rant. I've successfully killed a little time before work. I hope this at least adds a little bit of humor to your day. It was all true and unembellished.




posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm very curious why horses are allowed on the same trail that is obviously used more by people. All it takes is one spooked horse and you could have multiple people with their heads kicked in. Horses need to be on horse trails away from the more densely populated areas.



posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I had a horse a long time ago and my mother had one up until recently and I can tell you without a doubt you can find the absolute most bitchiest (is that word?) women in the world around horses. They attract more bitches than flies. Every stable is full of them!



posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I had a horse a long time ago and my mother had one up until recently and I can tell you without a doubt you can find the absolute most bitchiest (is that word?) women in the world around horses. They attract more bitches than flies. Every stable is full of them!



Better not let Mum read this! Unless she has a good sense of humor! ( LOL, tho you pretty much let it slip that she might NOT.......!)

PS ignore the avatar, nothing to see......move along.......



posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Well, I'm glad to see that some people agree with me! These crazy horse people should be stopped - we need a coalition.



posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Better not let Mum read this! Unless she has a good sense of humor! ( LOL, tho you pretty much let it slip that she might NOT.......!)

PS ignore the avatar, nothing to see......move along.......


My mom totally agrees, I didn't mean to imply ALL horse women are that way, just a much higher percentage than the general public.



posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok, I'll let it slide.....this time.

Seriously, you might have something there........it does take a FIRM hand to control a half-ton plus of beastie, and that 'firm hand' might tend to show when dealing with mere humans as well.

But I've also know my share of cowBOYS with attitude!! Not just the ladies.



posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Horse racing is a pretensious, burgeoisie past time, which may explain the attitudes of a lot of horse riders. For at least some people, riding horses is a way of validating their supposedly high socioeconomic status. Ironically, of course, these people's high socioeconomic status is doubtful or shaky, which is why they are seeking validation. So when these people are around their horses, they want people to treat them like the princesses or kings they think they are or want the world to think they are.



posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Horse racing is a pretensious, burgeoisie past time, which may explain the attitudes of a lot of horse riders. For at least some people, riding horses is a way of validating their supposedly high socioeconomic status. Ironically, of course, these people's high socioeconomic status is doubtful or shaky, which is why they are seeking validation. So when these people are around their horses, they want people to treat them like the princesses or kings they think they are or want the world to think they are.


ROTFLMAO!! The OP's riders were just 'trail riding' not racing......hardly the past time of the rich and famous, but the more often the past time of the 'backyard horse' owner......often a teen-aged girl who uses every scrap of allowance, baby sitting money and any other funds she can scrape up.
( Show jumping or the dressage ring WILL require a lot more money, and often draw people with lot more attitude, but those riders rarely risk their valuable horseflesh out on a public trail . )

The 'bourgeoisie' who own the race horses, generally HIRE someone else to do their riding, along with all the other dirty work.

Unfortunately there is no 'drivers license' required to buy and ride a horse, and idiots do exist at all socioeconomic levels...........I have witnessed worse things than Herman did, from dirt poor cowboys/girls as well as ditzy rich 'dudes'.......that's why I'd rather ride alone than with a group any day.





new topics
top topics
 
0

log in

join