It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haveyou ever wondered why we need guns, simpler solution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sam Fisher had an arsenal of nonlethal grenades for his F2000.

Ring Airfoil Projectile
A high-impact, zero penetration projectile designed to incapacitate rather than kill.
The Ring Airfoil is much more effective if it hits the head.

Sticky Shocker
A high voltage discharge device coated in adhesive resin. The Sticky Shocker will adhere to an enemy and give him an incapacitating shock. Fired into pools of water, the Sticky Shocker can neutralize multiple opponents.

Do such things exsist?

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Johnny]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
web.grinnell.edu...

Here's an entire page of assort nonlethal thingies. A lot of them seem to range from "discomfort to death". I guess the 'death' part is why they aren't used. Buncha wierd military ideas and concepts, too.

That's all I can find for now, check it out.

DE

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
using neural agent sometimes be bad look at the freeing of hostages in rusia last year. the people were "rescued" after using tranquillers. And there were many deaths.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That's because the russians used a gas not based on DMSO, instead on an opiate. All opiates, as we know, do Very Bad Things to people.

De

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Originally posted by Satyr
I saw some of that special. It was quite interesting. There's one problem with using any kind of chemical or gas that renders people unconsious. There's always a chance that they won't wake up. This is why anesthesiologists make the big bucks.

Then hwo do they tranq bears and meese and stuff? The same concept could eb applied to a DMSO bullet. Anyways, all firearms have an inherent risk of causing death. Rubber bullet crush skulls and such. I figure there's less chance with a bullet filled with DMSO and some tranquilizer.

They estimate the weight of the animal and choose what they also estimate as the appropriate dosage. Of course, the animals rarely fall immediately. Most of the time, for the safety of the animal, they end up shooting it multiple times with lesser dosages.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I saw some of that special. It was quite interesting. There's one problem with using any kind of chemical or gas that renders people unconsious. There's always a chance that they won't wake up. This is why anesthesiologists make the big bucks.

Then hwo do they tranq bears and meese and stuff? The same concept could eb applied to a DMSO bullet. Anyways, all firearms have an inherent risk of causing death. Rubber bullet crush skulls and such. I figure there's less chance with a bullet filled with DMSO and some tranquilizer.

They estimate the weight of the animal and choose what they also estimate as the appropriate dosage. Of course, the animals rarely fall immediately. Most of the time, for the safety of the animal, they end up shooting it multiple times with lesser dosages.

Average weight of a human male- 200 pounds. A three round burst of dosages for a 50 pound or 75 pound male brings them down. That, or jsut do the whole thing in one shot and keep them down for awhile. Sniper usage, maybe, along with a breachign team?

DE

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Average weight of a human male- 200 pounds. A three round burst of dosages for a 50 pound or 75 pound male brings them down. That, or jsut do the whole thing in one shot and keep them down for awhile. Sniper usage, maybe, along with a breachign team?

DE

Depending on the chemical, a 50lb. weight difference can mean death. My sister is a vet. I know a bit about this. Putting someone into an immediate state of unconsciousness already requires an overdose. Knowing this, a very slight increase can prove fatal.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The "Right to bear Arms" is a cornerstone of the Illuminati.

In the Illuminati inspired French Revolution and peasent led revolt, they only had pitchforks... and led to the empowerment of Napolean through divine chaos.

Just think of the bad ass Satanic bastard we'll empower with our assault rifles being the useful idiots that we are???

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Tranquilizer darts would be too easy to defend against. You could wear body armor to stop the darts. If you say you would use higher powered guns to shoot the darts then all of a sudden you have a regular bullet.

Besides, chemicals are outlawed in warfare. Instead of simple tranqulizing agents what is to stop the enemy from putting deadly or disease causing agents in their tranqulizer guns.

DMSO does not dissolve a lot of plastics. All soldiers would have to do is have a layer of these plastics in their uniform and the DMSO would be useless.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Why are we going around killing people when we can tranqualize them, I am sure we probably have drugs that on contact can knock you out, I know in some cases a police officer might be confronted with a situation where he can't take a chance but in many cases shooting them with a dart that on contact puts them down and out on contact would be just as effective.

if you are pissed of eough like for example the guy raped your wife.

At that point you dont want to hurt him you want to KILL him!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
i afraid its not that simple.......

its sad but some people need to die

its a harsh world

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I knew a guy that worked in Marketing for a toy company in the 70's. They had a line of toys something like Friendly Warriors that used non lethal weapons of negation. (The line didn't sell). But the Military called them in for a brain teasing session.

The idea they liked (according to him) was teflon-type bombs that would coat enemy air strips with a compound called Slick Trick. Something they couldn't just fill with concrete to repair.

Don't think anything came of it, but interesting where we get our ideas.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join