It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion...........it blinds the world.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Wow. I am really glad you posted a reply to that Ben because my first reaction ( due to brainwashing ) was to get really fired up. So my frst thoughts were really nothing nice but, I can say that I did not say them.

God bless

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Only doctrine you need to believe or experience is your relationship with God directly. Even the Bible appears false compared to this. You can learn something from the Bible but it's your experience and awareness which is important, not words on paper. When you realize this you can BURN all books, destroy all churches and forget all you have memorized from any book and God won't care, trust me.

If you believe you need either a book or church or society or priests to find God, you are wrong. God is talking to you all the time, no matter how much good or bad you did and where you were born and how much money you have or what God you believe in.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist
Wow. I am really glad you posted a reply to that Ben because my first reaction ( due to brainwashing ) was to get really fired up. So my frst thoughts were really nothing nice but, I can say that I did not say them.

God bless

Thanks for that FOC. Hey, man's anger doesn't serve God's purpose. God wants us to be in unity of understanding, but we are all born in the flesh in ignorance of God and we must find a way to come close to him again.

I've had my share of getting mad over discussions on the internet, so don't feel alone in your struggle. It always helps to find battle buddies.

(I have to laugh, "battle buddies" is an old term I remembered from the military, like team mates or looking after one another)

Anyway, my theory is these atheists are just people who sought God and never found him and gave up. I admire them for their zealousness actually, but they do not understand that salvation is not something you can wager. I have more to say about this, but it is quite lengthy and I don't intend to make a lot of huge posts if I don't have to.

Anyway FOC, may peace be with you.....................

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by detonator
Only doctrine you need to believe or experience is your relationship with God directly. Even the Bible appears false compared to this.

How can you have a full relationship with God without reading His instruction manual. "My people perish for lack of knowledge"

You can learn something from the Bible but it's your experience and awareness which is important, not words on paper.
Those words on paper contain the prophecies that prove the existence of God. It is also an instruction manual of how to draw close to God. It is a whole lot easier with the instructions.

If you believe you need either a book or church or society or priests to find God, you are wrong. God is talking to you all the time, no matter how much good or bad you did and where you were born and how much money you have or what God you believe in.

As you can see by God's instruction manual..........you are incorrect. God is not always talking to you.

Deuteronomy 30:18 And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

Detonator..........try the Book if you want to draw close to God. He tells you how to do it. You need to understand the importance of the word.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

14 And the Word was made flesh(JESUS), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If you Christians have so much faith then why do you need to prove what you believe by endlessly assaulting others with your insecurities ?

If other people hold different beliefs and you're so secure in your beliefs then it shouldn't even raise a ripple, but it does. It upsets you so much that you have to go out into the world and insist others conform to you.

Get over it.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
You seem to be the one doing all the crying.

Just deal with it...........everyone doesn't believe what you believe.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by detonator
Only doctrine you need to believe or experience is your relationship with God directly. Even the Bible appears false compared to this. You can learn something from the Bible but it's your experience and awareness which is important, not words on paper. When you realize this you can BURN all books, destroy all churches and forget all you have memorized from any book and God won't care, trust me.

Tho I do believe in some ways in your thinking. IF it where true God would of never had the book put in place. Nor would he ever have call it the word of God. As for the churches thing I do and do not believe what you say. The bible never said go to church every sunday it said keep the sabbath day holy. to do all you got to do is something God would want. Speaking the word, feeding the poor, what ever would help the holy family would be keeping the holy a sabbath day. Going to church is not important. But church does help keep others working the will of God. Some people need others to keep them stright which is sad if you ask me. To find God all you need is a personal relationship with God, to do that you pray. Then you need God to talk to you, to do that you read the word of God.

To be saved you need much more than a book or a church or a society,
scripture- FAITH WITH OUT WORKS MEAN NOTHING. To have God you need faith and works. If you have works but no faith, or true belief your working for nothings.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
If you Christians have so much faith then why do you need to prove what you believe by endlessly assaulting others with your insecurities ?

Some believes show there faith in the wrong way. You have never heard me say to a non believe your evil or that your going to hell. I might have call them blind, but never did I say there not saved. Most people claim they believe but they are not, who knows if they really get down on there knees and pray and really realize that they're talking to God. People handle things the wrong way. Athesis do the same things getting made when one claims there is a God, they say prove it and makes accusations that try to say there is not God, and yet when one tells them to prove it, they give accuses. Even you are assaulting us and judgeing what you dont know.

If other people hold different beliefs and you're so secure in your beliefs then it shouldn't even raise a ripple, but it does. It upsets you so much that you have to go out into the world and insist others conform to you.

LOL thats funny, sounds to me you dont know the bible or true believers. Nor do I get upsets that it makes me speak the word of God. You forgot the point of the bible. The point is the spirit and God commands us to spread the word. Tell me something think on our side, if God existed you think he would want us not to tell people he was here. "hey children i am here i love you and created, shh shhh tell no one. " LOL funny

Get over it.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

As for the churches thing I do and do not believe what you say. The bible never said go to church every sunday it said keep the sabbath day holy.

This is true but, The bible also says when three or more are gathered in my name, there I am with them.

The church is within us, all the buildings are, are altars and places to gather together. Yes, it is like you said some people need that, probably one reason is because the people they hang around or are around them all the time test there Faith so much that they need to get away form that and talk with fellow believers. I am that way, the people that are around me sometimes get me away from the battlefield ( praying ).

God Bless

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I am Christian.

I believe that Religion blinds the world.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I would say I am the same way. I have more bad around than good. I would say keep fighting and prayiog. God knows where his secrets sons and daighters are.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i'll agree that religion blinds the world, and it's a very negative thing. the very belief in god is blinding to people. even at the base deist level it has it's negative impact in closing off a section of the world from scientific inquiry and reason

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Oh I am Slymattb, I have not yet givin up the fight, Nor do I plan on it. Thats why their are church buildings though, so that the church ( the believers ) can meet and it is one way to build your faith up.

God Bless

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Oh I am Slymattb, I have not yet givin up the fight, Nor do I plan on it. Thats why their are church buildings though, so that the church ( the believers ) can meet and it is one way to build your faith up.

As long as you realize its one way of building up your faith. It does'nt mean that the church has all the answers nor does it mean the church is always right. For remember even the devil goes to church.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is true. The building I walk into on Sundays, Wednesdays ( praise and worship ), and Fridays ( youth night ), I know does not have all the answers. I also know that every building like that does not have all the answers.

Remember though, the Church is within us ( Temple ). the building is just one place where other believers can meet and build up their faith. Just like among other ways, talking with unbelievers can build up your faith, or just simply praising God. Just to name a few.

God Bless

posted on Jul, 18 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
sun your knowledge supercedes your wisdom

your ego and fear of being humble and unknowing has led your mind into a zugzwang

you have blinded yourself from perspectives in a rush to declare you have the answers

keep your intentions pure and seek widsom, and try to disprove your own perspectives

like you would someone else's. You will find wisdom, and realize truth is an illusion.

without an open heart your eyes remain wide shut

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Remember though, the Church is within us ( Temple )

The body is the temple of God. I just think we should remember how to take care of that body. I forget to take care it more all the time. But that does not mean that I dont live my life or pray everday. God is out there. And God is love. So should we be like him.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by followerofchrist
This is true. The building I walk into on Sundays, Wednesdays ( praise and worship ), and Fridays ( youth night ), I know does not have all the answers. I also know that every building like that does not have all the answers.

Remember though, the Church is within us ( Temple ). the building is just one place where other believers can meet and build up their faith. Just like among other ways, talking with unbelievers can build up your faith, or just simply praising God. Just to name a few.

God Bless

[edit on 23-7-2007 by slymattb]

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
does anyone else look over this thread and think that it's a tad bit on the metaphorically masturbatory side? i mean, it's just a bunch of people patting each other on the back for having the same ideas, no discussion as to why, no questions whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
does anyone else look over this thread and think that it's a tad bit on the metaphorically masturbatory side? i mean, it's just a bunch of people patting each other on the back for having the same ideas, no discussion as to why, no questions whatsoever.

Why would there discussion as to why, when there is faith in the place. When there is no faith then question come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join