It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is celebrating New Years in Times Square safe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
PieMan took my words! Thief!

Seriously though, New Yorkers are the nicest of any city dwellers - they're more pleasant, more helpful, and more honest than most metropolitan folks. They're just in a hurry, but you can't begrudge them that, time is money. I've lived in Manhattan (midtown, 30's, and uptown, 90's) off and on, for much of my life.

Pickpockets and thieves are everywhere, in every country, and New York has its share, but they're hardly the salient features of the city.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
well no one is dead in times square...no nukes or missles
how is everything tonight gents and ladies?

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I would think its pretty safe considering all the terrorist attacks on US Soil have been planned by our own government. If terrorists were a real threat to the us why haven't they done something by now and Time Square would have been the best time to kill americans. Its the fear of terrorism that keeps people in line in the U.S. The next terrorism we see will be a ploy to make us give up all of our freedoms because Bush will call for marshall law.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuda
I would think its pretty safe considering all the terrorist attacks on US Soil have been planned by our own government. If terrorists were a real threat to the us why haven't they done something by now and Time Square would have been the best time to kill americans. Its the fear of terrorism that keeps people in line in the U.S. The next terrorism we see will be a ploy to make us give up all of our freedoms because Bush will call for marshall law.

maybe because the US Security services have prevented them?

I find it rich how in the UK, Irish Catholic terrorists were a real and present threat, but the Islamic threat is blown out of all proportion, just so that so that the Evil White elite can persecute Muslims.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
if the United States Government helped to Orchistrate 9/11 like i belive they did than ofcourse they would say that their security forces are fighting the good fight and keeping us safe, but in reality they are the ones who control the so Islamic terrorists that wish us harm, so that the Bush administration can do what ever they want when marhsall law comes into effect because of another terrorist attack on U.S. Soil.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
I find it rich how in the UK, Irish Catholic terrorists were a real and present threat, but the Islamic threat is blown out of all proportion, just so that so that the Evil White elite can persecute Muslims.

Well, maybe you don't remember the 70's, 80's, but I do. IRA terrorism was on everybody's mind and everybodys lips. Irish violence was a BIG DEAL. It was in the news reports nightly. When Lord Mountbatten got blown up, the news covered it for weeks and almost all the people of Northern Ireland were villified. The BBC regularly described Belfast as a battle zone and compared it to Beruit.

The media only stopped covering IRA terrorism because the IRA hasn't commited a large scale act of terrorism in many years. Islamic extremists killed 54 people 18 months ago. I think that's why you hear more about Islamic extremists than the IRA today.

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuda
if the United States Government helped to Orchistrate 9/11 like i belive they did than ofcourse they would say that their security forces are fighting the good fight and keeping us safe, but in reality they are the ones who control the so Islamic terrorists that wish us harm, so that the Bush administration can do what ever they want when marhsall law comes into effect because of another terrorist attack on U.S. Soil.

do you really think for yourself or are you just following what Alex Jones says?

The IRA threat is diminishing, yes, because there has been a well negotiated peace process.

Many see Islamic terrorism as the bigger threat because it is not fought solely over a bit of land. And even if it does really boil down to Palestine, can you see and agreement being reached there? no. The war between the West and Islamists will last for generations.

I wouldn't put it past the US to aid or commit attacks on their own people, why can't it be a bit of both? Maybe there are fanatics out there planning attacks, and MAYBE it is the interests of certain individuals within the US government that they help. But to suggest there is no threat from Islamic terrorists is quite simply absurd

[edit on 1-1-2007 by Peyres]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join