It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HoloVizio 3d Positional TV Screen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:12 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Check it out. I can definitely see this being used in gaming. Imagine the possibilities! You can have two distinct views at different angles rendering the need for split screen moot. If someone "screenlooks" it will be plainly obvious.

jra

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Damn I want one of those! That would be awesome for doing 3d modeling as well as playing games with. Apparently they are available now? According to there site anyway. No idea as to how much though.

There site www.holografika.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't think you can get this monitor yet as I got it from a digg post "5 TV's you can't own yet."

apc

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I need a kleenex.

That is AWESOME. Reminds me of the screen displays from Star Trek, where if you walked around the bridge whoever was on the display could follow you with their eyes instead of always looking forward. Which of course didn't really make sense when the view would switch to the other ship and the dude's looking at an itty bitty screen where he should always be looking forward anyway.

But uhm... yeah... this new screen is really really cool. I wonder what level of detail it's capable of how much room there is for further development.

jra

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Reading more about it on the official site. It looks like one needs to have multiple video cards to get better performance. The two smaller monitors can have up to 4 DVI cables and you can get up to 25fps (9fps with just one cable). The large screen shown in the video uses gigabit ethernet cables (up to two) to get 25fps.

It doesn't sound ready for the average consumer or able to use with video games yet sadly

x08

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
But uhm... yeah... this new screen is really really cool. I wonder what level of detail it's capable of how much room there is for further development.

+1

what they show seems rather limited... i'd like to see a full 3d walk around of the unit with an image or movie running~

also, can you use it with normal TV programming? or does it need special a program to watch?

[edit on 1-1-2007 by x08]

top topics

join