It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam was hurredly executed because of this : Treas Secretary Paulson Arrested

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Some more on J Orlin Grabbe... which actually lends some credibility to the whole story, or at least suggests that there is SOME sort of conspiracy involved... He wrote a book on financial markets and international financial instruments, published by Prentice Hall in 1995.

International Financial Markets

Can this really be the same J Orlin Grabbe ? that's quite an image change..WARNING NUDITY AND WIERDNESS.. mods, feel free to remove link.

but there's more.. the only review of the textbook on amazon is from one "City Clerk", of Costa Rica.

And according to J Orlin Grabbe's site, he's also based in Costa Rica.

But, there's one final twist, that probably merits further investigation.

12 of 13 people found the following review helpful:

The Definitive Textbook on International Financial Markets, December 17, 2000
Reviewer: City Clerk (Laissez Faire City Interim Community, Costa Rica) - See all my reviews
A very readable (and detailed if you read those parts) introduction to the subject of international finance.

Would that be this Laissez Faire City?

Since its founding in early 1995, Laissez Faire City has attracted FNF's interest—and garnered our skepticism. In June of that year a full-page ad in The Economist announced LFC's formation of "...an International Founding Trust for the purpose of establishing and promoting a great new world-class city based on the ideals and principles of Ayn Rand."

Curiouser and curiouser !!

[edit on 31-12-2006 by nowthenlookhere]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is a cheap conspiracy siet which has no credibility at all...and the news itseldf isn't kind of the news which can be coevred up...come on guys ...!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
oops sorry for the typoes!!

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

BTW -- The arrest of someone as high as the sitting Secretary of the Treasury would not only be big news, it'd be on the level of an act of war against the United States.

This is true only because the US is exempt from what the rest of the world is held accountable for. It's all fine for the US to hold anyone (and it seems just about anywhere) without due process but god forbid the table is turned. Talk about a double standard. I highly doubt the legitimacy of this story but your gall is astounding yet sadly expected.

On another note I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the US somehow does go broke, wouldn't that be a wonderful New Years treat

brill

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've noticed the opposite.
The coverage has been lighter and lighter, and will probably disappear over the next few days. A story here and there about the Cell phone video of his hanging. And the fact that he will NOT be buried in a secret location.

OTher than that, the US press doesn't seem to be dwelling on it much.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I do not believe for one minute. Where is a link confirming this arrest from a MSM source????

You will have to excuse me for not holding my breath you see being a real person when I see something from a Soviet Site I never hold my breath because they love to spread poop a ganda

[edit on 12/31/2006 by shots]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

LOL all over who's news ? certainly not the US news. I would expect if there is any truth to this subject we will know by either a German or French source first as all other mainstream western media has been compromised.

It would only be a few days before all of this is disputed or proven so lets sit back and watch another conspiracy unfold..free of charge

I see dumb people too, anyone who believes that story has just fallen off the turnip truck or whatever truck the Germans and the French carry their gullibles on.

But I agree that the media has been compromised---to the left.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

BTW -- The arrest of someone as high as the sitting Secretary of the Treasury would not only be big news, it'd be on the level of an act of war against the United States.

This is true only because the US is exempt from what the rest of the world is held accountable for. It's all fine for the US to hold anyone (and it seems just about anywhere) without due process but god forbid the table is turned. Talk about a double standard. I highly doubt the legitimacy of this story but your gall is astounding yet sadly expected.

On another note I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the US somehow does go broke, wouldn't that be a wonderful New Years treat

brill

Actually, he is quite correct. The arrest of a high level official of the United States could indeed be considered by the United States as an act of war.

There really is no double standard. It could be considered an act of war no matter what countries were involved.

L3X

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i wonder if Scaramella's arrest was connected with this. He was arrested on 24th December

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There is only 1 reason the execution happened so quickly...

Iraqi law prevents executions to people over 70 years old. Sadamm would have turned 70 in April.

The only other reason I could come up with is to prevent the UN, or other groups to gather support to stop it.

[edit on 31-12-2006 by RRconservative]

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My older brother lives in Frankfort so I e-mailed him a couple of links with the finer points of the case. I asked him to look for any news regarding the case and to let me know.

We'll see.

As far as the doubting Thomas' out there. Yelling "HOAX" is just soooooo helpful either way with such fine insight. Keep up the stellar work, guys.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

brill

Ummm....

Are you actually comparing a high government official with Al-Qaeda suspects or insurgents? You are wrong, if the US held a high official from ANY country, it could be seen as an act of war by them as well. Look what happened with Iranian diplomats, and we aren't even friendly with Iran. But we gave them back over to Iran,

So sorry, no double standard.

My comment on this article: It is bs. If this happened, it would be all over the news, conspiracy theories or not.

kix

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Let say this is true, so we can expect the Dollar to be under a pressure that will not hold, the top US government under criminal law ( a ENRONLIKE international banking problem )...

What is our outlook IF this is for real and the dung hits the fan?

A devaluation of the dollar in the hyper range? (a 100 cent dollar today would be like 2 cent s tomorrow?)
Crashing of the bank accounts an banking system?
World War?
Complet default on payments....

excuse me I am not a banker but I know the US has a HUGE deficit, huge debts and its embarked on a huge spending invasion.... this could be the drop that toppled the vase...

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Umm did anyone else look at the other main sections of the website, below is my personal favorite.

Soviet Analyst

Simply having an official sounding site such as worldreports, doesn't make it a news site. Anyone who takes that site seriously is fit for a strait jacket in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
slightly off Topic but related, the dollar slide is more likely (and imminent) also due to the fact influential nations are in the process of or about to switch from dollar reserves to other forms of currency (mainly Euro and Yen). Iran and China, Saudi and UAE have all declared to be doing this in the last couple of weeks.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

brill

yeah thats nice,

Anyway, you have no clue what the hell you are talking about. If wanta receives the money he is owed, it will go back into the US treasury and reduce the national debt. It doesnt matter what happens, the US isnt going to go broke, just the american people are going to end up ripped off.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
He came into the position on June 28, 2006. Do you think that he could have accomplished that in the time allotted? Could be just another goat for the slaughter.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So Saddam's hanging made the press totally ignore a supposed arrest of a major U.S. official?

Please spare me...if this report had any truth to it, it'd be all over the news.

[edit on 12/31/2006 by djohnsto77]

Agreed!

It's also interesting to note that no sources are cited in the document. No college educated person would believe such hogwash!

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams
slightly off Topic but related, the dollar slide is more likely (and imminent) also due to the fact influential nations are in the process of or about to switch from dollar reserves to other forms of currency (mainly Euro and Yen). Iran and China, Saudi and UAE have all declared to be doing this in the last couple of weeks.

No they aren't "switching" to Euros.

In fact the dollar is doing better than the Yen, since you mentioned it.

They are dumping some of their dollar reserves and diversifying it to accompany Euros and precious metals (like gold and silver). But are not dumping all their dollars, or even most of their dollars.

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The price of gold is climbing so there is a chance that some of this could be true. If it is true the only way to cover it up would be some major attack that will in itself cover the banking system colapse.

This will peak your interest and fits with some of the original post.
wcca.wicourts.gov...;jsessionid=110EA509EC02A43B71D3D927C5783FF7.render1?cacheId=8C29655DBDF77E84E7D699A7093A706D&offset=0&sortColumn=0&s ortDirection=DESC

[edit on 31-12-2006 by factfinder38]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join