It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Barbarian...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As I sit here pondering the hanging of Saddam...

with CNN and FOX both providing graphic video links...

With the local Radio broadcasts years ago talking about taking the heads of Saddams sons and putting them as trophies in the whitehouse...

While what they did was wrong...

We are promoting Barbarianism when it suits our needs..at what expense?

As a man of God...we have killed over 650,000 iraqi people in our persuit of routing him...was it really worth it?

500,000 Iraqi children...during the sanctions to sway the minds of the people?

America America, God sheds his grace on thee...

We have taken liberty and made it a mockery..

But with great power comes great responsibility..

and we have used our might in the manner of organized, international terrorism where we announce our plans to the world, sanction the deaths, create havoc and internal strife, and when it suits our means..show utter brutality on our otherwise tame news feeds here in America.

If one wonders why the war in Iraq is going bad....Look at the situation there..Its no mystery to me.

Innocent people getting shot at checkpoints...oops...sorry, we killed your whole family..

American GI rapes a 14 year old and burns the body and kills the family?

The Prison Debacle?

500,000 dead from a destruction of their infrastructure?

America cannot hide her dark points in war..what is hidden becomes known.

From shadey business deals to the demoralization and racism exhibited by some of the men in service.

America needs to do it better, and it sure isnt showing.

George Bush..you have made me not proud to be an American.

The United States of Babylon..History is knocking at our door.

May God have mercy on us.

Peace

[edit on 30-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
At some point people will quit playing the number game in their favor and look at the facts. If you want to talk about sanctions then you should be blaming all of those in the U.N that were taking kick backs from Oil for Food and Saddam. If you hate the USA get out, it is that simple because you are prospering from this war also.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Why does this site draw America-haters like a magnet?
My advice: Save your money and move far out of the country (at least here you have the choice to do that if you want). Good luck finding someplace you won't have some kinda gripe about.
Peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think that when I turn on the radio, and hear reputable National conservative broadcasters talking about putting Saddams sons heads in the white house cabinet as trophies...we become barbarians..

Dont get me wrong, America still can do the greatest good, but the diplomacy card was not used..

As far as UN is concerned, lets talk about all the US sub contractors in Iraq..

This land isnt your land any more then its mine. Its Gods. Its high time people start figuring that out. Its on loan.

We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal. Telling someone to get out just sounds like the Germans and the Jews now doesnt it.

Hitler Didnt like the fact the Jewish bankers wernet helping the Fatherland in WWI..so he said get out.

Its time we start adopting truth love and compassion for all men, and not merely telling people to get out of my way...its my way or no way.

The Only way its going to be...according to the Bible is Gods way.

Tell me Im wrong.

The only way is all loved and all fed and housed. As you read this...someone starves every so many seconds..

While we wage war that cost 400 billion? If that perso was you or me, youd want us helping on the humanitarian aid in split second...

Hmm...ive heard that story somewhere before.

Jews dont want Christ healing on Sabbath...stone him..

Christ says...hey..if you fell in the well on a Sunday..wouldnt you want help?

You see...that starving child in Africa or one of the 40 Million Homeless kids in South America..if that was you or me..that would be a severe crisis..

But you see...its someone else..therefore dont you worry

Until the worlds systems starts moving towards helping the world and not a select few...

Our problems worldwide are going to compound...

A few facts for you...

America has 25% of the worlds Prison population

we have 2.5 million Homeless ourselves...the richest nation on earth

1 in 8 american kids go to bed hungry

50% of less of us have health care...

Dont worry about the speck in their eye when you have a tree in your own.

Peace

[edit on 31-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Telling someone to get out just sounds like the Germans and the Jews now doesnt it.

Only if you take it that way. LOL, I'm not a Nazi, and very far from it. No, I'm speaking to you like your Dad would have if you didn't like living under his roof. If you don't like it here move. It's that simple. Why sit around and mope when you can change your world..............get it in gear move to Canada, Europe, etc. Why can't you do that? Or would you rather sit here and complain?

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If we do not like how the nation has become, we must change it ourselves, if someone else has to change it for us, then we are gutless, spineless cowards. I for one LOATH what this nation has become, but I REFUSE to run, I will stand my ground and change it. During the American Revolution, the founding fathers and THOUSANDS of others LOATHED what the colonies had become. Did they pack up and leave? No. They stood their ground for what they believed in and CHANGED THINGS. Thomas Jefferson said tt is the right of the people to overthrow their government should it become tyranical.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Dont we have free speech in America?

Now that response of " if you dont like it move" sounds like the very thing that founded this nation.

How about the people that truly follow the constitution stay, and those that dont believe in our rights leave...

Maybe people should read the Constitution some times...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness

This land is Gods land...On loan to the human race

Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

A few facts for you...

America has 25% of the worlds Prison population

we have 2.5 million Homeless ourselves...the richest nation on earth

1 in 8 american kids go to bed hungry

50% of less of us have health care...

[edit on 31-12-2006 by HIFIGUY]

America does have 25% of the World Prison population. Solution: Stop keeping Death Row inmates on death row for 25 years. The Iraqi system needs to be looked at. Conviction, Appeal, 30 days till execution! People that break the law need to be in prison to protect innocent people they prey on.

2.5 million homeless? This is a free country and if people choose to be homeless that is their right! Having a home is not a right.

1 in 8 kids go to bed hungry? Last I heard we had the most obese kids in the world? Which is it?

50% don't have health care? Some people choose not to have health care. If they get sick they simply pay for their treatment. Why force health care on people? Why force someone to pay for someone elses illness. Health Care is not a right.

posted on Jan, 1 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Christ

21 There are two classes of the sons of men; they who would build the human race upon the sure foundation stones of justice, truth, equality and right, 22 And they who would destroy the holy temple where the Spirit dwells and bring their fellows down to beggary and crime.

Christ

Lift from your fellow men the burdens that you have imposed. 24 And if you hearken not, and if you turn not from your evil ways, lo, God will smite this nation with a curse.

so ask yourself...what kind of a nation are we?

We spent 400 billion and Killed 600,000 in 16 years for what exaclty?

One nation under God?

Tell me the people of Africa that are suffering crimes against humanity are getting justice...

Tell me the 40 Million Children in South America that are homeless dont almost equal the population of Iraq...are they getting Americas Might?

Maybe the fact that slavery today is greater in number now then it was under the slave trade..but a smaller percentage of population worldwide..

We are a nation earning a buck. For man cannot serve two masters...he worships one and despises the others..

Man Cannot worship both God and Money.

Does God let his people go homeless? He provided trees and resources for all..!!

Did God make life a sprint to the local geographical lottery of mankind?
I should say not....Mankind coveted...Everything.

Christ again...

6 And Issa said unto them: "The human race perishes because of its lack of faith, for the darkness and the tempest have scattered the flocks of humanity and they have lost their shepherds

And the solution...

Christ again...

8 "Do not strive to find straight paths in the darkness, lest ye fall into a pit; but gather together your remaining strength, support one another, place your confidence in your God, and wait till light appears.

9 "He who sustains his neighbor, sustains himself; and whosoever protects his family, protects the people and the state

What America was supposed to be...and the world.

America can do it better...and not just with Guns

My wish for 2007

Peace

[edit on 1-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 1-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
America can do better. How are we served by showing portions of Saddams execution on television? If we are going to be worlds policemen we need to be the policeman for the Whole world, not just the parts that interest us (yes I know there is no feasible way to do that).

What we can do we need to do better. Our leaders, and I'm not just refering to Mr. Bush, need to think about actions have concequences, maybe not today, but eventually.

Of course, the time comes when you have to do something regardless of future consequences.

There I've completed my circular argument, and my job here is done.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I agree. Let me pose a picture..

America with no homeless. America with no hungry. America with Health Care.
To get there, things need to be based more on the good of men, and not the good of building mass corporations with huge payrolls while the world lives in utter poverty and we have much poverty even in the richest nation on earth.

Earth didnt start from commerce. Commerce started among men.
A note that became a way of keeping track of trade, became a note with a Death Sentence for mankind.

The only true way then as now, is go give and be selfless. To set up systems of Humanity, and not of inequality and greed / materialism.

If America would have shown up with Carpenters, Plumbers, Building Materials, and expertise to improve infrastructure that we blew up, both in Africa and In Iraq, showing a humanitarian side and not just a military might side, things would have been different and can be.

But you see, the same problem that plagued Iraq, with Saddam invading Kuwait, is in fact the same sword by which the US is being injured.

If we let go of the dollar, and win the minds and hearts of Iraqis, the bullets and Bombs will stop. You will find that a Mother exercises more control over her children then Military commanders do.

When America takes the Plank out of her own eye, Then, andonly then, will she be able to take specs out of others.

Hangings and otherwise are awful and Barbaric. Getting blown apart by a C130 on video and people watching it on YouTube or wherever as entertainment is in my mind Horrific, as those men appear more like video game characters then real people.

But in truth, those men came from families. They have brothers and sisters like all of us, and its a sad day when death is entertainment.

World systems need to change...not just combat strategies and such.

I found this quote by Christ...

Jesus, said unto his disciples, Because of the sick I am sick; because of the hungry I am hungry; because of the thirsty I am athirst.

Change is in the wind...

Peace

[edit on 19-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I think that when I turn on the radio, and hear reputable National conservative broadcasters talking about putting Saddams sons heads in the white house cabinet as trophies...we become barbarians..

You say that, and then you say this:

It may be distasteful to you, but it is protected speech.

Dont get me wrong, America still can do the greatest good, but the diplomacy card was not used..

What do you call the 17 UN resolutions over a 12 year period?

I think you are well-intentioned, but misinformed. Your figures about the number of Iraqi casualties show it. And your blaming the US for the Iraqi children that suffered because of the sanctions shows that you're not aware of what happened. Food and medicine was sent to help the Iraqi people, but was appropriated by Saddam to give to his military. And the OFF program was a global scandal.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Much is permissable..

Not all is Beneficial.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll

Telling someone to get out just sounds like the Germans and the Jews now doesnt it.

Only if you take it that way. LOL, I'm not a Nazi, and very far from it. No, I'm speaking to you like your Dad would have if you didn't like living under his roof. If you don't like it here move. It's that simple. Why sit around and mope when you can change your world..............get it in gear move to Canada, Europe, etc. Why can't you do that? Or would you rather sit here and complain?

Thats why I said the Free Speech thing. Someone telling me to get out..well that just sounds Nazi Like now doesnt it.

Originally posted by jsobecky

You say that, and then you say this:

It may be distasteful to you, but it is protected speech.

What do you call the 17 UN resolutions over a 12 year period?

I think you are well-intentioned, but misinformed. Your figures about the number of Iraqi casualties show it. And your blaming the US for the Iraqi children that suffered because of the sanctions shows that you're not aware of what happened. Food and medicine was sent to help the Iraqi people, but was appropriated by Saddam to give to his military. And the OFF program was a global scandal.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by jsobecky]

100 or 100,000. If it was you or me we would be outraged.
Food and Medicine was sent to Iraq after we destroyed Electric and Water sources. We were trying to force a quick end.

Over 10 years of santions. The corruption is all over. Even here in the US. was that really a suprise honestly?

We Boast now. If the tree is green now and this is Happening..what will we do when it is withered.

Think about it.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join