It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon made of cheese!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Now I obviously know this to be false, What I do want to know is if anybody here knows were this Theory/idea came from...

Why have people said "the Moon is made of cheese"???

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So far i've had 34 views, no replies.

I just want to clarify, I want to know were this "folk tale" came from about the moon being made of cheese!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It is made of cheese, just go to moon.google.com... and zoom in real close!

Seriously though, it looks like saying the moon was made of cheese was just a sarcastic device, kind of like saying you're selling the Brooklyn Bridge.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
That is genius, how did you do that???

"Just zoom in real close" lolololol

Best laugh of the day, thank you...

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
Now I obviously know this to be false,

what the moons not made of cheese wow first i have hard of this

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Because the craters on the moon make it look as if it's made of Swiss cheese.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Aww It's not cheese. Thats the only reason I wanted to go to the moon. Could you just imagine for a moment if it was, woohoo no more world hunger issues enough cheese for everyone.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This tale dates back to the time of Jesus when it is said that he said, blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth and blessed are the cheesemakers for they shall inherit the moon. unfortunatly the rest of this ground breaking speach was ruined by some yobs at the back who started a punch up over the size of someones nose.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
When I see a moon that is not full, I have often wondered...

"Who cut the cheese?"

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm......................
I did some great thinkin' on this one. I did alot of research. First I downloaded Neil Armstrongs famous first words from the moon. Then I ran that audio file through some really fancy software, and it cleared up his vocals like really well and stuff. After careful analysis I came to the ultimate conclusion that what Armstrong really said was "One small step for man. One giant piece for mankind". One giant piece! The only conclusion is that he meant a giant piece of cheese!
And like when all of those astronauts came back from the moon, they had all gained a couple of pounds, and their cholesterol levels were raised significantly. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... Sounds to me like they were eatin' lot's of cheese and stuff! Yep, now that's some researchin'!
Wait! They keep wantin' to send rats and mice and stuff to the moon. Ever wonder why?
Hold On! I heard that the French are trying to get to the moon. The French! Everyone knows they eat lot's of cheese when their not surrenderin' to somebody. C'mon it all makes perfect sense.

Chris, I hereby declare that the moon IS made of cheese!

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hahahah!!! It is cheese, the moon is cheese, finally!!!!!, my prayers have been answered.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
mmm i love cheese! i wonder what kind maybe swiss cuz the craters but then again im thinking cheddar hahaha when i was little i thought it was real!!

has anyone seen the cartoon i think its wallace and gromit..well i remmeber seeing it back in the day at a spike and mike festival of animation in the 90s and they went to the moon and it was made of cheese and ate some haha i always think of that..

ps. not too sure if it IS wallace and gromit or whatever but i think it is. but for sure i saw it at a spike and mikes festival! damn i havent been to one in forever

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Because the craters on the moon make it look as if it's made of Swiss cheese.

He's right, and usually Administrators aren't wrong if they give you an answer.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Best commercial to date.
"In 1969, man went to the moon and discovered it was NOT made of cheese.
BEHOLD the power of cheese."

top topics

join