It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy getting us hooked on medication?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Are the pharmacutical companies getting us hooked on drugs?

I'm Asthmatic and have been since aged 10, when I first got diagnosed the docs said it's just a mild case of adolescent asthma and should clear up by the time I'm sixteen. I'm now 25 and I still have it! I've been taking the same reliever drug Salbutamol since I was first diagnosed. I feel as if I'm addicted to the drug as if I NEED it. I somehow get the feeling my addiction to this drug makes the syptoms of my illness not go away. Could there be something in the medication that aleveates the symptoms and simultaniosly agonises the illness so I stay sick.

Look at the statistics of Atshma cases world wide:

* In Australia, one child in six under 16 has the condition

* In Western Europe, the number of asthma cases has doubled in the last decade

* in the USA the number has risen by 60% since the early 1980s. Around 5,000 Americans die from asthma each year. Asthma is 26% more prevalent in black than white American children

* around 8% of Swiss people suffer from asthma, compared with just 2% 25 years ago

* there are an estimated four million asthmatics in Germany

* some three million Japanese suffer from the condition, of whom 7% have severe symptoms and 30% have moderate problems.

* In India, there are estimated to be up to 20 million asthmatics, with up to 15% of children aged five to 11 years old having symptoms

* in Brazil, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru and Uruguay up to 30% of children are affected by asthma

* 20% of Kenyan children have asthma.

(Source The BBC)

Are the numbers of people with asthma rising because the ones that should be growing out of it are being kept sick by the drugs companies?

This doesn't just just apply to asthma, look at the rising cases of depression and use of anti-depressants:

www.heretohelp.bc.ca...

**********121 Million Peolple WORLD WIDE suffering*****************

Now read this:

www.haiweb.org...

In the first half of the 20th century Tabacco firms told the world that smoking was GOOD FOR YOU!!!

What stops the Pharmacutical industry from telling the same lies.

To them it would make extremely good financial sense to create a drug that treats symptoms but at the same time makes sure you stay ill, therefore needing the drug to ease the syptoms.

They are also rich and powerful enough for information like this to be kept a secret! Just look up about the lies told by the worlds other huge players, Oil, Defense and Tobacco industries!!!

I might be stark raving mad, but I'd like to hear other people views on this matter.

Jimmy

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The pharmaceutical business is a mega billion empire that sole purpose is to make money.

You never see a commercial by the pharmacy that says We are looking for cures but the commercial will say We are looking for remedies.

Is not in their business to keep people healthy and disease free, but keep people on medication for life.

Yes many of their drugs help people, but more so will have side effects that will make you unable to take them.

Or in other instances is not until certain medications has caused so much damage that they will take them out of the markets.

One of their biggest drugs are hart and cholesterol ones.

While they help control and extend life in many instances the side effects are to great to ignore.

Specially the new statin drugs.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
But would you say they are *knowingly* creating medicines to relieve symptoms that at the same time make sure you stay sick?

[edit on 30/12/06 by Jimmy1880]

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A cure for anything is not in the pharmaceutical industries best interest. If they are to sell drugs and make tons of money they have to keep you dependant.

At an early age I was diagnosed with an ulcer and prescribed Pepcid. Now the pepcid removes the symptoms for a day but doesn't cure the problem. I still have to take one a day or end up in pain.

Your doctor has a vested interest in the success of certain medications. The doctor gets free samples and then kickbacks and vacations and holidays at the expense of the drug companies to prescribe their drugs.

It is not just the medical community though. There is an old saying:

"Every profession is a conspiracy against the laity."

The used car salesman is conspiring to take as much of your money as he possibly can. So is your dentist, your mechanic, your banker, your doctor, your gas company, your ISP etc, etc, etc....

The only person who can honestly look out for your best interest is you, In fact it's the only person that is...

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The medicines are to treat the problems in relation of the diseases.

But what is making people sick is the side effects that medications can have of some people.

No on everybody but some.

Many doctors will treat new symptoms as new maladies or sickness.

sometimes many doctors will not even relate some symptoms to medications that people are already taking.

Is for the patient to research into the medications that they are taking and see how many people are having problems with them.

I can only talk by what I have found out about certain medications and my own experiences.

It took me 8 years to figure out that one symptom that I was getting and has gotten worst with the years was related to a medication I have been taking for those 8 years.

I still have no talk to my doctor about it, but as right now I am very upset that she is ready to treat me for something else and never even put two and two together.

I did on my own.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

It is not just the medical community though. There is an old saying:

"Every profession is a conspiracy against the laity."

The used car salesman is conspiring to take as much of your money as he possibly can. So is your dentist, your mechanic, your banker, your doctor, your gas company, your ISP etc, etc, etc....

The only person who can honestly look out for your best interest is you, In fact it's the only person that is...

Hahahaha very wise. And don't forget your government the U.S.A government Mr. Bushy and the gang.

Conspiracy?

Of course you have to buy American drugs and medications, other than those are dangerous to health.
Do not trust traditional herbs medication. Buy only American patented chemical drugs.

Stern Cells are illegal!!!!!! until of course after the American has set the international laws, then it is legal. All stern cell practice have to pay loyalty to America. Meantime it is ILLEGAL!

[edit on 9-1-2007 by CinLung]

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I've noticed that the television advertisements for anti-depressants are increasing. I read somewhere else that there is an active campaign going on to increase awareness and acceptance of taking anti-depressants aimed at the younger population (20-somethings).

I have been on anti-depressants for about 6 years and when I tried to wean myself off of them and replace them with natural homeopathic remedies, my depression returned about 8 months later worse than it was before I even went on the meds. I had to go back on them. No choice.

Have you seen the advertisements for these new medications for weird symptoms like "chronic dry eye" and "restless leg syndrome"? The ads don't say what causes these symptoms but they want you to take these medications to alleviate the symptoms. Smells fishy to me.

These medications could have "who knows what" in them. I suspect it's all part of the big plan to turn us into mindless zombies.

I think we have every reason to be afraid.

top topics

join