Are the pharmacutical companies getting us hooked on drugs?
I'm Asthmatic and have been since aged 10, when I first got diagnosed the docs said it's just a mild case of adolescent asthma and should clear up
by the time I'm sixteen. I'm now 25 and I still have it! I've been taking the same reliever drug Salbutamol since I was first diagnosed. I feel as
if I'm addicted to the drug as if I NEED it. I somehow get the feeling my addiction to this drug makes the syptoms of my illness not go away. Could
there be something in the medication that aleveates the symptoms and simultaniosly agonises the illness so I stay sick.
Look at the statistics of Atshma cases world wide:
* In Australia, one child in six under 16 has the condition
* In Western Europe, the number of asthma cases has doubled in the last decade
* in the USA the number has risen by 60% since the early 1980s. Around 5,000 Americans die from asthma each year. Asthma is 26% more prevalent in
black than white American children
* around 8% of Swiss people suffer from asthma, compared with just 2% 25 years ago
* there are an estimated four million asthmatics in Germany
* some three million Japanese suffer from the condition, of whom 7% have severe symptoms and 30% have moderate problems.
* In India, there are estimated to be up to 20 million asthmatics, with up to 15% of children aged five to 11 years old having symptoms
* in Brazil, Costa Rica, Panama, Peru and Uruguay up to 30% of children are affected by asthma
* 20% of Kenyan children have asthma.
(Source The BBC)
Are the numbers of people with asthma rising because the ones that should be growing out of it are being kept sick by the drugs companies?
This doesn't just just apply to asthma, look at the rising cases of depression and use of anti-depressants:
**********121 Million Peolple WORLD WIDE suffering*****************
Now read this:
In the first half of the 20th century Tabacco firms told the world that smoking was GOOD FOR YOU!!!
What stops the Pharmacutical industry from telling the same lies.
To them it would make extremely good financial sense to create a drug that treats symptoms but at the same time makes sure you stay ill, therefore
needing the drug to ease the syptoms.
They are also rich and powerful enough for information like this to be kept a secret! Just look up about the lies told by the worlds other huge
players, Oil, Defense and Tobacco industries!!!
I might be stark raving mad, but I'd like to hear other people views on this matter.