It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKEPTIC publication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
hello all..

i came across a publication in a bookstore at my local mall yesterday entitled SKEPTIC. the cover consisted of a single bg color with the characters 9/11 cut into it. "was there a conspiracy?" proceeded the infamous numbers. curiously, i purchased the magazine hoping that it was a publication much like this forum. i came home to read it and was quite dissapointed, as the editorial dealing with 9/11 did everything it could to disprove the "truth movement" that groups such as 911truth.org are committed to.

in the same, i found the arguments that were given actually made sense to me. i was having trouble finding an agenda from the publishers of this book, and it became quite annoying to me, since i believe one thing, yet this magazine is proving my beliefs insufficient.

does anyone know anything about this publication and/or their agenda? is this disinformation? or did i unknowingly prove my beliefs incorrect?

i will say that after the above mentioned article, there is an article on the demolition of the WTC. an interview given to a demo company called PRETCO, who was supposedly at the WTC the day of 9/11. the questions were written from the perspective of those who believe melted steel didn't bring down the towers. a less than journalistic approach on the matter.

should i burn this book? or should i reread and rethink my opinions?

tia,
the cyan aura

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Unless you were there -- unless you have scientific and engineering and aeronautical etc. expertise -- unless you're privy to ALL possible data .... how could you hope to make a truly informed decision, regardless of how genuinely and intently you sought to arrive at one?

It's the same as interviewing ten witnesses at an accident. The same as speaking with both parties at a divorce. Everyone can be 'convincing' if they're strongly enough motivated to persuade you to their point of view.

My advice would be to go with your gut instinct. That's why you have it.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
thank you for the 'reality' check, dock.

i guess it's kind of like faith, eh?

i would still like to know if anyone has an idea of this publications' agenda.

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well , with a title like "Skeptic", I would expect an agenda consisting of skepticism towards conspiracy theories.

Anyway, here's the link to "Skeptic" magazine. Seems to focus on religious issues, junk science, things of that nature.

new topics

top topics

join